As a Fire Protection Designer, you will be responsible for developing, reviewing, and evaluating fire protection design drawings. Some of the key activities that you will perform in this role are:
- Understand Project and Equipment. Gain a thorough understanding of assigned projects. Review project specifications, proposal, addendums, engineering drawings and all other information pertinent to the project. Meet with customers or visit job site to verify specifications. Gain thorough understanding of the equipment used on the project and effectively incorporate that equipment into the design.
- Design Project. Develop detailed design drawings utilizing computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment. Evaluate designs for code compliance, appearance, safety, function, budget, and production costs. Recommend design improvements. Identify to owners, opportunities to add value to projects. Maintain specified design schedule. Perform all necessary calculations. Determine performance standards and material selection based on required calculations. Attend job coordination meetings as requested.
- Project Documentation. Maintain the documentation for all job coordination issues. Provide other project information/documentation as requested. Provide information to complete permit/plan review. Generate record drawings, “cut sheets”, shop drawings, and fabrication drawings. Archive drawings (approved plans, pertinent architectural plans, civil plans) in electronic format.
- Maintain CAD System. Maintain/update CAD system to ensure maximum efficiency/accuracy is achieved.
You will bring to the position:
- Education: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or GED.
- Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 to 5 years of experience designing mechanical fire protection systems.
- Certificates/Licenses: Valid driver’s license. Satisfactory driving record.
- Technical Skills: This position requires proficiency with commonly used fire protection concepts, practices and procedures; proficiency with applicable building codes and industry installation practices; the ability to read and interpret construction drawings and blueprints; the ability to utilize computer to perform tasks; and proficiency in the use of general office software computer-assisted drafting programs (AutoCad/SprinkCad).
- Personal/Interpersonal Competencies: This position requires strong problem solving and analytical skills; the ability to work independently and exercise sound business judgment; the ability to make commitments and be willing to be held accountable against them; the ability to organize workloads to meet deadlines; the adaptability to accept change when needed; strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to excel in a team environment and advance overall team objectives; and the ability to ensure customer satisfaction by delivering excellence in products and service.
Job Type: Full-time
- fire protection designing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off