Reporting To: CFO
Location: Oxford, MS
Job Type: Full Time
Purpose of Job
Upstream Holdings primarily manages Upstream Life Insurance Company. There are several other related entities structured under the holding company which require additional support. Currently, Upstream Life offers fixed annuity products through independent brokers. The focus of this role is to support the successful build out of the company through sound financial reporting.
We are seeking an Accountant who can assist with all phases of accounting including accounts receivables, accounts payable, payroll, close, and reporting.
Financials are maintained using GAAP and SAP (Statutory Accounting Principles). Company has converted from Quickbooks to Microsoft Business Central 365 (Dynamics).
Office is located on The Square in Oxford. Candidates should reside in or near the Oxford, MS area.
- Maintain and balance accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions and reconciling entries
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Ensure timely payments of all vendors
- Prepare payroll and employment tax payments
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Document financial transactions
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Prepare information for outsourced tax and audit purposes
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an accountant in an organization with a multiple reporting entities
- Knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Business Central 365 or Dynamics
- MS Excel skills including formulas, formatting, Vlookups, and pivot tables
- Experience with internal controls and documenting accounting procedures
- Well organized with a strong attention to detail
Education: Associate degree in Accounting with over 5-8 years’ experience or BS in Accounting with 3 years’ experience
- Paid time off
- Banking holiday schedule
- Company fully paid Health, Dental, and Vision
- Parking allowance
Compensation will be based on market comparison and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Monitoring company accounts and conducting quarterly reviews
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Profit-and-loss statements
- Expense reports
- Account reconciliation
- Invoice processing
- Running errands (bank deposits, etc.)
- Data entry
Company's Facebook page: