- Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
Are you looking to apply your sharp communications skills at one of the most-highly regarded nonprofits in Boston? Is social justice and the advancement of women important to you? Then you may have a place at Rosie's Place, the first women’s shelter in the United States. What started out as safe haven for poor and homeless women to get a bed and a meal in Boston 44 years ago has grown into a multi-faceted community center serving 12,000 women a year.
The Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Communications to implement all aspects of the Rosie’s Place Communications plan. The role includes lots of variety and the opportunity to build your skills in the areas of social media, web management, writing, design and marketing. Our goals are to burnish our positive public image and increase awareness of our work. You can help us tell compelling stories about the ways we change lives!
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
- Manage Rosie’s Place’s social media presence on three or more channels
- Create content and digital assets for daily posts
- Analyze data and research best practices to optimize efforts
- Manage Rosie’s Place website, www.rosiesplace.org
- Oversee web content/general updating
- Serve as primary contact with web developer
- Utilize Google Analytics
- Design and produce collateral materials, such as fliers, postcards, invitations and quarterly calendar
- Take photos of events and activities and manage image library
- Manage holiday card fundraising program, including developing sales plan, corporate relations and fulfillment
- Assist Women’s Craft Cooperative in developing marketing plan and materials
- Write press releases, pitch stories and develop relationships with local media
- Contribute to writing projects, including the quarterly newsletter, brochures and volunteer profiles
- Maintain and track Rosie’s Place’s press clippings, media mentions and printing and communications planning calendars
Serve as a representative of Rosie’s Place as needed at public appearances and community relations activities
- Supervise volunteers and interns assisting the Communications department
- Assist Development Office on an as-needed basis, including gift processing at year-end and special events
- Report to the Director of Communications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two year prior communications or relevant experience
- Excellent verbal, writing, proofreading and general communication skills
- Experience with website content management systems, email marketing and social media management
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (esp. InDesign and Photoshop)
- Experience with Hootsuite and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with Blackbaud systems; Luminate and Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Basic knowledge of HTML preferred.
- Experience with photography, videography and video editing a plus
- Ability to prioritize and meet daily deadlines
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Occasional evening and weekend work required as determined by Director.
A designed resume, cover letter and (1) writing and (1) design sample are required for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
- communications: 2 years (Preferred)