Ansa Assuncao is a multi-state boutique litigation firm with a national trial and advocacy practice. We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Litigation Paralegal. This position will be located in the firm’s White Plains, New York Office.
Are you looking for a paralegal position where you can use your talents and 5-7+ years of experience in a diverse, sophisticated practice? Do you have a high level of initiative and drive? Do you have the ability to manage complex cases, jury focus group projects and trials? We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Senior Litigation Paralegal to join our team.
As a Senior Litigation Paralegal, you will be a critical member of a client service team that supports the delivery of quality legal services to corporate clients. You will use your significant substantive knowledge, judgment, mentoring skills, initiative, organizational skills, strong written and oral communication skills and excellent computer skills each day.
Salary commensurate with experience.
In this role you will:
- Assist attorneys with all phases of litigation, including pleading, discovery, ADR, trials and appeals.
- Provide case management support and document control for complex litigation cases.
- Draft pleadings; discovery requests, responses and motions; correspondence; and memoranda.
- Conduct document reviews and manage document productions.
- Help with deposition preparation, witness interviews, medical record and scientific literature reviews and case-related research.
- Handle electronic filing in New York State and Federal courts.
- Assist with legal research, fact-checking, cite-checking and investigation.
- Support the administration of the firm’s White Plains office, training and the overall development of the practice.
- Certificate or Degree in Paralegal Studies from ABA approved-program or prior substantive trial paralegal experience in state and Federal courts.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and experience with Westlaw.
- Organizational skills, initiative and follow-through; the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Substantive working knowledge of litigation procedural law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paralegal: 5 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts