The VP of Technology is an Executive role responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT development functions. This includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements, support and maintenance of existing applications, development of new technical solutions and the high-level architecture and detailed design on the implementation and delivery of software components. The role requires proven experience in planning, specifying, developing and deploying high performance, robust and resilient systems.
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms
- Makes independent decisions on architectural problems and methods.
- Performs assignments that may require the development of new or improved architectural techniques and procedures. Applies skills to minimize risks and vulnerabilities and seeks means to improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Identifies, evaluates, and implements solutions using advanced architectures and technologies to meet current and future needs
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
- Leads a cross-functional team to translate customer requirements into detailed architectural approaches and product specifications, creates and executes to realistic development plans, budgets, and schedules, evaluates and prioritizes requests for changes and enhancements
- Recommends new technology directions or options to maintain products' competitive advantages
- Prepares and documents product architecture plans, scope, and requirements
- Develop, track and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Work closely with Departments to define and deliver new products and enhancements
- Support technology infrastructure with strategic priorities, appropriate resource allocation, and technical leadership.
- Manage internal teams to keep technology functioning at needed levels.
- Represent the technological agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions
- Other duties may be assigned
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant field
- Demonstrable experience developing software
- Experience of communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience building effective relationships with a wide range of technical peers
- 15+ years working experience in a similar or related position
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple priorities and projects
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Translate business and feature requirements into technical specifications
- Effectively coach and mentor staff
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Proactive problem solver at both strategic and functional level
- Attention to details
- Ability to think ahead and plan within a strategic
- Budgeting / Forecasting
- Leadership and ability to achieve results through others
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $170,000.00 /year
- System Design: 10 years (Required)