Shift Schedule: 6:00PM- 6:10AM
3 to 4 day work week schedule, working every other weekend
Basic Job Functions:
Supervises the daily production of Photovoltaic modules in accordance with required quality standards and in a cost efficient manner. Train and mentor Supervisor I associates to maximize their supervisory skills.
• Experience in electrical, mechanical and chemical industrial applications
• One(1) year First Solar supervisory experience or five(5) years manufacturing supervisory experience
• Managed or participated in continuous improvement projects
• Proven experience communicating a variety of personnel actions (e.g., employment, termination, performance and salary reviews, disciplinary actions, scheduling and/or approving OT)
• High School diploma or GED required
• 2 years Business or Technical degree preferred
• Experience and working knowledge of continuous improvement tools
• Effective communication and supervisory skills
• Efficient Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint Skills
• Proven decision making skills
• Solid people skills and a positive, outgoing attitude
• Excellent organizational and planning skills.
• The ideal candidate should have the ability to think outside the box and to develop unique and timely solutions
• If assigned to coater area: knowledge of vacuum systems and laser operations
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Directly supervises the daily production of Photovoltaic modules in accordance with required quality standards and in a cost efficient manner in multiple areas of the plant
• Lead, manage and participate in continuous improvement activities/teams
• Will assume delegate responsibilities for Shift Manager as required
• Train and mentor Supervisor I associates
• Responsible for controlling costs to maintain budget accuracy
• Monitors and coordinates Work In Process (WIP) optimization between manufacturing units for each process
• Monitors and maintains training matrix in SolarConnect in coordination with Manufacturing Supervisors I and Manufacturing Specialist
• Support all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards, including our 5S system
• Coordinate on-the-job training of manufacturing associates
• Identify training opportunities to develop and maintain a highly motivated and capable team
• Maintain all associate records in Solar Connect
• Effective use of internal manufacturing software for production tracking
• Maintain accurate time keeping for manufacturing associates in the Kronos system
• Maintains product inventory accuracy
• Utilize Theory of Constraints (TOC) methodology to maximize throughput
• Effectively interfaces with other departments
• Support efforts to consistently exceed customer expectations
• Coordinate with Manufacturing Specialist and other supervisors on day to day issues
• Evaluate and monitor manufacturing processes ensuring cycle time is being met
• Responsible for eliminating downtime constraints in assigned area (eg: find root cause and resolve the issue, effectively utilize support teams to improve quality and production).
• Monitor and maintain training guides and track training progress of team
• Conduct performance appraisals
• Up to 10% of global travel is expected
• Will sit or stand for long periods of time throughout the day.
• Required to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Will walk and climb stairs.
• Will reach over shoulder heights and below waist.
• Required to use hands to lift, handle, carry or feel.
• May be required to kneel, bend, talk and hear.
• Specific vision abilities are required.
• All associates working on the production floor may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair).
First Solar Supervisory, Supervision in a Manufacturing Enviroment
Associate, Diploma or GED (Required)
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.