PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- The Floral Manager is responsible for the direct supervision of the Floral department operations including providing customer service and assuring that associates are following company policies and procedures. He/she is also responsible for achieving production and budget objectives. This position includes performing stocking duties as needed. He/she must have excellent customer service skills, as he/she is the role model for other associates.
- This position reports to: Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager.
- Positions that report directly to this position: Floral clerks, and any other clerk working in the Floral Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage and accountable for all aspects of the operation and supervision of the Department including, but not limited to: supervision of Department personnel; providing customer service; achieving sales, gross profit, labor, shrink and inventory goals set for the Department; product ordering, quality, presentation, merchandising, organization, pricing, stocking, shelf allocation, staffing, training, turnover and morale.
- Assure that all Company and Department specific policies and procedures are adhered to on a regular basis.
- Perform job functions of other Department personnel in their absence and/or in addition to them.
- In the absence of the Store Manager, Assistant Manager and Evening Manager, the Department Manager may be in charge of the store.
- Effectively supervise 2 to 20 associates in a fast paced and multi functional environment and take appropriate disciplinary action when necessary.
- Operate various store computer systems.
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week at peak business times.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct periodic reviews of work practices and provide information to Store Management.
- Achieve other objectives including, but not limited to food safety, workplace safety, and company audits.
- Other duties as assigned by Store Management.
ASSIGNMENT, REVIEW, AND APPROVAL OF WORK:
- Department Managers assign, review, and approve work of all clerks under his/her direct
- Department Managers must take the initiative to foresee work that needs to be completed
and see to it that it is completed in a timely fashion.
- Department Managers determine appropriate staffing levels for each shift based on
- The Department Manager generally prepares work schedules on a weekly basis.
RESPONSIBILITY AND DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Make recommendations on staffing the Department; interviewing and hiring of Department personnel; and promotion of associates;
- Assign work to, direct the work of and train Department personnel;
- Complete performance appraisals on all Department personnel;
- Impose discipline and recommend termination;
- Schedule work hours and time off for Department personnel;
- Authorize and assign overtime;
- Accept valid excuses for absences, tardiness or leaving early.
- Responsible for the supervision of the entire department.
- Responsible for achieving goals established by the Store Manager.
- Responsible to know, understand, and support department specific policies and procedures.
- Ensure that associates perform their work in a safe and ergonomically correct manner.
- Department Managers must take action on unsafe working conditions when appropriate.
RELATIONS WITH OTHERS:
- Must be able to relate to the following in a courteous and professional manner:
o Store Management
o Other people with whom they have contact while on duty
KNOWLEDGE AND BACKGROUND REQUIRED:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Problem solving ability.
- Experience as an Assistant Department Manager or equivalent.
- Some on the job training is provided.
KNOWLEDGE AND BACKGROUND DESIRED:
Shaw's is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time