The Care Transitions Coordinator is a clinical liaison position between health care providers to ensure facility safe transition to home. The position has two separate and distinct general responsibilities: (1) following the receipt of an eligible referral for home health, directly communicating with and assessing the patient to improve the patient’s transition from the inpatient to the home setting; and (2) developing the referral relationships of the agency within the community, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Achieves admissions and payor-mix goals. Meets short and long-term target account goals.
- Maintains a complete, up-to-date record of referrals including physicians, hospitals, assisted living, skilled nursing facilities’ management, discharge planners, and case managers within an assigned territory.
- Meets minimum administrative standards:
- a. Document the minimum expectation of sales calls daily in CRM (including pre and post call notes).
- b. Maintain a complete, up-to-date record of targeted referral sources in territory in CRM.
- Responsible for assisting the care center in obtaining all required documentation to complete referral to admission process.
- Responsible for following current patients for assigned care center (s) as they transition in and out of facilities (hospitals, SNF’s etc) and are on our services as well as obtaining resumption of care orders and information as needed on these patients and getting it to appropriate care center.
- Masters essentials of the sales model and utilize sales process daily.
- Builds and maintains client relationships.
- Prepares business plans and maintains target lists. Prioritizes accounts in accordance with the market sales plan.
- Responds to customer complaints in timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills.
- Excellent oral/written communication, presentation, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of developing and maintain relationships within a competitive marketplace.
- Demonstrated organizational skills within a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations/deadlines.
- Must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with one (1+) year successful experience in healthcare, business development, or related industry.
- Successful previous experience in business development, outreach, or healthcare related role.
- Current, unencumbered Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse license in the state of residence. MSW, LCSW, PT, PTA, OT, OTA, SLP, and PA are considered in some cases.
- Experience in Home Health or healthcare business development.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.