TemporaryEstimated: $27,000 - $37,000 a year
- Medical office experience
- Hospital experience
- Customer service
- High school diploma or GED
Full Job Description
Following current established protocols will screen patients, visitors and all others entering ERMC property for specific symptoms and temperature. Ensures all those entering the building are wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment. Responds to emergent situations according to established protocols. Provides service support to assigned area and demonstrates excellent customer service skills. Accountable for the day to day efforts of ensuring a safe workplace by following safe work practices.
1. Greet patients and visitors in a polite and helpful manner.
2. Screen patients and visitors for symptoms of COVID-19 per current protocols.
3. Ensure patients and visitors are wearing a mask.
4. Direct and assist patients and visitors to the appropriate waiting areas.
5. Don and doff personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
6. Effectively communicate with other staff and departments.
7. Interact with patients of varying levels of mobility and provide assistance as needed.
Work Environment and Hazards:
Consistent with a hospital setting. Including but not limited to: blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, needle/instrument puncture wounds, radiation/chemotherapy, injury from operating equipment, exposure to chemicals and hazardous waste.
High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required. Previous hospital experience or medical office experience preferred. Previous customer service experience preferred. BLS upon hire and maintained throughout employment.