Release Engineering is the focal point for planning and communicating software releases. The Release Engineer’s responsibilities will include planning, developing, coordinating and leading software release activities with application and support teams beginning early in the SDLC. This person will lead the successful deployment of software releases from development all the way through to a live production environment. The Release Engineer will act as the gatekeeper in facilitating all agreed entry/exit criteria and process checkpoints are satisfactorily negotiated and received. In addition, this individual will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the support groups on issues related to the testing and deployment of business-critical information and software applications.
Work You’ll Do
- Define and formulate releases and ensure alignment to established software development processes in an effort to meet business needs.
- Define, track, and manage release content and schedules - A comprehensive plan that integrates all the inputs and outputs of release planning activities. This includes the assignment of support team and identifying dependencies.
- Lead and provide direction to all affected teams to ensure software release activities are managed and coordinated accordingly.
- Engage with the infrastructure team to schedule and manage hotfixes.
- Track all vendor software upgrades, interdependencies and version deprecation.
- Schedule and facilitate release planning and status meetings to review changes to releases and/or resolve items of intense or moderate concern.
- Develop risk management mitigation (prioritization) when support teams are faced with schedule/ budget /resource constraints.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and leading of production readiness meetings for all software releases and secure approvals from support teams to continue with production deployment.
- Ensures and collects release specific metrics to define a quality release.
- Works across the organization to improve and enforce development, testing, release and documentation standards.
- Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality.
- Work with team to bring continuous process improvement to release processes
In 2008, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP (DTBA) opened a new facility in Nashville, TN for e-discovery and computer forensics work. DTBA's E-Discovery Solutions Center ("EDSC") continues to increase the capacity, quality, and efficiency of DTBA' s e-file processing by utilizing state-of-the-art technology in a dedicated environment. We are looking for dedicated individuals to join DTBA's Analytic & Forensic Technology practice and help drive the success of the EDSC.
The EDSC is a 24x7, 365 days a year operation. The position is located in Nashville, Tennessee.