- Construction Experience
- Garment Construction
- Adobe Acrobat
- Design Experience
Royal Robbins Inc is an Outdoor/Travel apparel company with a rich 50 year history. It includes a strong belief in social responsibility and sustainability and provides clothing for all your adventures around the world.
The Technical Designer will report into the Technical Design Manager and is committed to creating well-fitting and high quality product for the Royal Robbins customer. Collaborates with cross functional team members and global partners in both creative product development as well as full production execution. Ability to execute design and fit intent while upholding construction standards, protecting brand integrity and maintaining gross margin objectives.
- Work closely with our design team and effectively communicate design’s fit intent to vendors.
- Creates and maintains Tech Packs for categories owned.
- Develop, implement and maintain category quality, construction standards and fit blocks.
- Lead fit session on live model for your category. Responsible for the implementation and communication of construction/fit changes of your product.
- Responsible for ensuring fit and quality standards are well-executed and consistent across all sizes.
- Effectively communicate fit intent, construction and workmanship issues to the vendors.
- Ability to track and manage all of your category sampling, including new development samples, fit samples, SMS samples, PP and TOP samples.
- Leverage technical knowledge and makes recommendations to cross-functional partners to resolve potential production and cost issues whilst maintaining design and fit intent.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members, to gain clear understanding of design intent and proactively troubleshoot with your partners when issues arise.
- Communicate clearly with production/agents/vendors to troubleshoot, educate and understand factory capabilities.
- Participate in departmental, cross-functional and company meetings as appropriate.
- Meet departmental, seasonal and Brand deadlines.
- 5 – 8 years of technical design experience in the apparel industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of patternmaking, garment fit, garment construction and garment engineering for all key categories.
- Fabric and trim construction knowledge as it applies to garment fit and construction.
- In depth garment manufacturing knowledge including costing and QA processes.
- Trained eye for design proportion, balance and aesthetic detail.
- Expert in Tech Pack creation and passionate about making a great well-fitting garment.
- Strong background in providing pattern corrections and editing AI technical sketches with detailed construction callouts.
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to build and foster strong communication relationships with Design, Merchandising, Sourcing, QA, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service and external partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate across language barriers, influence and find solutions and minimize spin.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat/Illustrator and Photoshop and PLM system(s).
- Problem solving abilities, excellent multi-tasker, extremely detail orientated, efficient and possess exceptional organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, anticipate demands, communicate status appropriately, and maintain a high level of operational transparency and accountability.
- International travel required, up to twice a year.
Nice To Have:
- A passion for the outdoors, travel and adventure.
- Experience working with Outdoor and/or Travel Apparel product.
Job Type: Full-time
- Technical Design: 7 years (Required)
- San Francisco, CA (Required)