Established in 1963, The Cardiovascular Care Group provides complete care for patients with vascular disease. With New Jersey offices in Essex, Passaic, Union, Morris, Monmouth, and Mercer counties, the Group is able to deliver care in both office-based and hospital settings. The Vein Institute provides comprehensive care to patients with venous disease.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer and Managing Partner, the incumbent is responsible for providing Human Resources services and strategic counsel to ensure a high performance culture.
Major areas include: Recruiting/Staffing, Performance Management & Appraisal, Regulatory Compliance, Employee On-Boarding, Training & Development, Policy Development & Implementation, Employee Relations, and Compensation & Benefits Administration.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and drive the implementation of an HR strategy that is aligned with the strategic direction and goals of the Group
- Manage the implementation of HR programs and policies. Monitor administration to established standards and procedures and identify opportunities to integrate best practices and policies
- Drive HR best practices by continually staying abreast and educated on new policies, legislation, programs and practices that will impact the Group; recommend appropriate changes to the Group’s HR policies and procedures
- Maintains accurate and complete personnel records, ensuring compliance with appropriate laws & regulations
Recruitment / Staffing
- Establish hiring practices and procedures and conduct recruiting to ensure a high quality workforce
- Work with COO and Managing Partner to set long-term staffing goals and strategies
- Partner with practice leadership to communicate HR policies, procedures, programs and laws
- Conduct thorough investigations to ensure appropriate resolution of all employee issues and concerns. Work proactively with management to mitigate future issues.
- Counsel and coach managers/supervisors with respect to performance and discipline issues
- Facilitate employee disciplinary and termination processes
Compensation & Benefits
- Conduct competitive market research to ensure relevant pay practices
- Work closely with Chief Operations Officer to ensure pay practice effectiveness and cost containment
- Bid out and obtain quality, cost effective employee benefits; ensure regulatory compliance of benefits program
- Administer employee benefit programs, including employee education, applications and advocacy when necessary
Training & Development
- Provide necessary education and materials to managers and employees, including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, etc.
- Lead implementation of annual performance review & development process; develop program components as needed
- Ensure up to date job descriptions for all positions
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum five years human resources generalist experience, with at least five in a supervisory capacity
- Thorough knowledge of laws affecting HR administration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong business acumen and analytic skills ; sound judgment and problem solving ability
- Able to respond flexibly to shifting priorities; ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- BA degree in Human Resources (or related field) or Business Administration required; Master’s Degree a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- hr generalist: 5 years (Required)