REAL ESTATE AND BUSINESS LAW FIRM located in Century City has an opening for a Legal Assistant/Paralegal. Full-time position.
You will learn the strategies and business of being a lawyer and have a firsthand view at legal issues facing businesses and individuals. You will directly assist the attorneys and, after training, independently prepare agreements, legal pleadings, discovery and business documents. Typical duties include the following:
· preparing correspondence, pleadings, legal documents filed with the court
· organizing evidence, preparing discovery and various types of documents
· calendaring deadlines and inputting legal billing
· speaking with clients, court personnel, scheduling and organizing meetings and appointments
· assist attorneys to analyze facts, gather evidence, and apply to specific legal issues
Full-time hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The job is onsite in an office, but a hybrid work from home may be possible.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree preferred with a minimum 3.3 GPA, excellent English verbal and written skills, competency with MS Office and accurate typing skills of at least 55 words per minute. This position is best suited for an organized and efficient person who is great at multitasking, works well autonomously and is not afraid to ask questions.
Please paste your resume and cover letter into the body of your email and respond to us using this website's email forwarding service. Thank you and we look forward to meeting you.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- office: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Los Angeles, CA 90067