- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Financial Modeling
- Microsoft Powerpoint
Our client, a software company in the South Bay, is looking for a Marketing FP&A Director to join their innovative and growing company. This company is setting growth in their space and are projected to be over $1B in revenues in 2019. This position will be the primary finance business partner to senior leaders for the Marketing group. This involves providing strategic and operational finance support, including budgeting, forecasting, and reporting of financial and operational information and other related FP&A initiatives.
- Be the strategic finance business partner for Marketing, providing financial controllership over their headcount and expense budgets and advocating for their needs as appropriate.
- Engage with Marketing leadership, understand their goals and objectives and influence strategic direction in the achievement of those goals and objectives.
- Provide analytical, decision-making support for deals’ pipeline performance measurement, calculation, and methodology.
- Develop and maintain recurring management reporting packages summarizing key trends and relevant analysis and monthly reviews with Marketing leaders.
- Coordinate the budget and forecasting analysis process to provide timely budget vs actual reporting.
- Develop and implement process improvements, including budget and headcount tracking as well as the calculation of success metrics.
- Perform ad-hoc projects/analysis as needed.
- Be the go-to subject matter expert on all things finance for the broader Marketing organization, providing training and direction as needed.
- BA degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent
- MBA a plus
- 8-10 years of progressively complex roles in a financial function with financial planning and analysis experience/understanding
- Experience with marketing pipeline measurement, tracking, reporting strongly preferred
- Proven track record of providing financial support to senior executives and teams
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Willingness and curiosity to take deep dives into status quo and drive effective changes that scale
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management and financial modeling abilities
- Ability to partner cross-functionally with all levels of the organization, through strong relationship building, influencing, negotiating and communication skills.
- Advanced Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with NetSuite and Anaplan a plus