Senior Account Executive — Central / Midwest Region
Chief Revenue Officer
Up to 50%
American LegalNet has changed the way law firms conduct their practice with the introduction of the ‘Desktop to Courthouse’ workflow solutions suite of products which includes eDockets, Forms WorkFlow and Court eFiling tools. This suite of legal practice software products, individually or combined, allows law firms to improve the workflow necessary to support the entire litigation or filing lifecycle, and reduce the risks associated with missing dates and current content.
American LegalNet is seeking a Regional Account Executive — Central / Midwest Region
We are looking for a seasoned Regional Account Executive only. Total compensation for this position can easily reach $250K and beyond for overachievers.
THE POSITION’S PURPOSE:
The Account Executive — Central / Midwest Region will be responsible for, among other things, developing the sales territory by identifying and developing relationships with key decision makers at targeted prospects and existing customers, negotiating licensing agreements, collecting revenue, performing recurring sales calls, conducting new product presentations, and providing technical follow-up to any such customers. Also, responsibilities include all facets of account management, including but not necessarily limited to; creating a territory business plan, maintaining sales tools and customer databases; generating reports, including reports of sales forecasts and actual sales, along with any budgets and expenses regarding such customers and your sales activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR OBJECTIVES / DELIVERABLES:
Develop new sales and expand sales to existing clients in NLJ 500 law firms in the Midwest Region including Chicago. Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and projection of contacts to be made. Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity. Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned. Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain contract services. Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up. Identify and resolve client concerns. Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals. Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff. Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales. Accountability for sales goals, as well as established acquisition and retention. Active and responsive management of the entire sales cycle. Cultivation of relationships that conform to established economic requirements, result in high levels of customer satisfaction, extend business relationships, and generate referral opportunities. Development and execution of sales strategies within assigned region. Facilitation of training processes related to new and existing products and services. Representation of the company at trade shows and other events. Create affinity relationships with Local and State Bar Associations. Coordinate schedules and delivery of products and services to meet client expectation.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Must have BS/BA in business administration or related major or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience managing operations within the legal, law firm, and/or courts product sales environment. Prefer law firm technology vendor experience.
- Must have a keen business acumen and proven executive management abilities based on prior experience.
- Proven, demonstrated success in selling solutions to Law Firms.
- A book of high level enterprise relationships in legal industry.
- Extensive knowledge and prior use of consultative sales techniques.
- High-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Focus, determination, and a willful sales attitude.
- A demonstrable track record in a sales account management capacity.
- Experience with daily use of CRM system a plus.
- THIS JOB IS BASED IN CHICAGO, IL OR SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES WITH EASY ACCESS TO CHICAGO*
Base salary plus commission and bonuses based on sales goals. Generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, paid sick days, flexible health Insurance, 401K with full 6% matching, and generous recognition for outstanding performance. We provide a great, stable and professional work environment.