Charger Logistics is searching for an organized, well-rounded individual to join our dynamic team as an Administrative Assistant in the Accounting Department at our Romulus, Michigan location.
Your primary role will entail liaising with customers and responding to inquiries in a professional and timely manner. Other duties include preparing reports to ensure all drivers are paid in a timely manner; updating customer orders and preparing required paperwork to complete the delivery process.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicating with customers and responding to their queries in a professional and timely manner.
- Updating and entering orders on various interfaces.
- Scheduling pickup and delivery appointments for drivers.
- Coordinating with other departments to clear customs paperwork.
- Accounting-related duties, such as managing hours for local drivers and sending it to payroll for processing.
- Manage drivers’ paperwork and update system accordingly.
- Coordinate with billing to ensure accurate invoicing.
- Prepare and submit weekly reports, such as fuel, miles and hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College diploma or university degree.
- Previous logistics and customer experience is an asset.
- Some accounting experience is an asset.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office.
- Good time-management with an ability to prioritize and multi task.
- Ability to learn a new software quickly.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- administrative: 1 year (Preferred)