No 3rd parties
local candidates please
Must work on a w2
SOFT's client in Bridgewater, NJ is looking for a Project Engineer for a long term contract assignment.
- Using MS Project, review the living project schedule for accurate dependencies. Update progress as reported by SMEs. Communicate regularly with SMEs, the vendor (GE) and team members to gauge progress and any changes in scheduled tasks.
- Participate in project meetings and record pertinent meeting minutes.
- Reorganize the project SharePoint site. Over 4000 documents that need to be culled, re-named (standardized naming conventions) and organized in more logical fashion.
- Review the contract terms and conditions to become familiar with the work and to make sure the vendor is in compliance.
- Work with a number of internal departments to properly prepare paperwork required to make sure contractors are in compliance with NERC and FERC requirements. Work with corporate security groups to ensure contractors are trained to meet requirements for unescorted access to protected areas and information.
- Review the Statement of Work to ensure the vendor is following through on deliverables.
- Check for accuracy and quality
- Assist the PM in managing the risk register.
- Assist the PM in preparing monthly update reports.
- Assist with other project management tasks as needed.
- PM experience, if certified even better
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Junior level position
- 4 years of experience in electrical engineering
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- Transmission and Grid: 4 years (Preferred)
- customer service: 4 years (Required)
- nuclear plant: 4 years (Required)
- project management in a cgmp or biotechnology/pharma environ: 4 years (Preferred)
- project management: 4 years (Required)
- Participate in project meetings and record pertinent minutes: 4 years (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: