Are you a skilled maintenance person that is tired of the same routine regardless of which company you choose? If you are looking for an innovative property management company where you have a voice, can learn and apply new skills, then read on.
Our company Strategic Properties is a multi state Property Management firm like no other in the industry, where your contribution will make an impact in the team’s success and rewards.
We currently have an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Maintenance Tech position in Atlanta. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent career development opportunity.
If you have demonstrated technical skills, top-notch professionalism and quality work skills, and a commitment to quality service for residents, then we have the job for you. As part of our Atlanta team, you will be responsible for the timely and professional response of repairs and inspections at a 200 unit, stabilized multifamily property, that has been very well maintained and has been under current ownership for 10 years.
We encourage and support learning and training opportunities, for the team members who want to enhance their contribution to our residents and to the overall performance of our team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The.position will be responsible for:
- Performing repairs, preventive maintenance and replacement of HVAC units
- Performing, documenting and reporting unit inspections under Section 8 standard requirements, determining materials, labor, and/or subcontractors needed and elaborating Purchase Orders to be approved by the Community Director, using company tools
- Taking charge of repairs assigned by the Community Director, reporting and documenting completion.
- Ensuring and documenting Resident satisfaction after repairs are complete
- Assisting CD in supply ordering, and taking charge of verifying deliveries and proper placing in Maintenance shop
- Assisting CD in monthly shop inventory
- Being available for on-call duties on a rotating basis.
Skills & Competencies
The ideal candidate must be:
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Be a team player
- Possess strong, precise communication skills
- Capable of handling multiple tasks under time deadlines and little or no supervision.
- Capable of performing administrative tasks using smartphone and computer apps, software and/or other tools
- Knowledge in Maintenance (5+ years experience): A/C , Plumbing, Electrical. Basic Knowledge in tile, plank floor and carpet installation. Knowledge in flood remediation and mold remediation procedures, "know how" in installation of sheetrock and finish, basic knowledge on appliances in order to diagnose problems, Knowledge in painting and materials required for each job. Knowledge on performing inspections, prices of materials and cost calculations
- Computer literate, comfortable with using the latest technology: able to download applications for smartphone, tablet and PC.
- Able to daily combine fieldwork with some administrative work while working at a fast pace environment. Able to organize appointments on a daily basis in a logical order, saving time and money.
- Basic math knowledge in order to calculate cost of repairs, renovations, turnovers
- Character traits: Proactive not reactive. Able to make logical decisions as needed while under pressure. Excellent interpersonal relations in order to interact with tenants as needed.
- High knowledge on Home Depot prices from the top of his head. Able to determine approximate labor for each job and to find help from other professionals in the Maintenance Area when required.
Qualifications & Prior Experience
The Candidate must possess 5+ years experience in Maintenance work in a Corporate environment.
At Strategic Properties , we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. It has been, and continues to be our goal, to foster a well-balanced workforce that contains a significant presence of minorities and women.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Plumbing: 3 years (Required)
- HVAC: 3 years (Required)
- Smartphone, Computer: 1 year (Required)
- Maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- Electrical: 3 years (Required)
- Section 8 Inspections, turnovers: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- HVAC (Required)