Position Title: Community Impact Associate
Reports to: Director of Community Impact
Revision Date: September 2018
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Community Impact Associate will provide program support to the Community Impact Division including management support to the allocations and agency review processes, including volunteer recruitment and training. The position also provides management support to the Affiliations and Public Policy committees, Emergency Food and Shelter Program, and represents United Way on community wide committees and initiatives. The position also coordinates use of the eCImpact system with the Finance and Database Assistant.
- Assist in the management of the Community Fund allocations process and Agency Review Committee by recruiting panel volunteers, and providing orientation and training to volunteers and agency staff and support to review panels and teams.
- Work with the Finance and Database Assistant to manage the online funding application and data collection system by updating forms for all United Way processes, providing reports on outcome data, and assisting volunteers in accessing the system.
- Assist in support of major Community Impact committees such as Allocations, Public Policy, Affiliations and Agency Review.
- Assist in the management of committees and programs that address the needs of the homeless and nearly homeless population in York County by managing the application and reporting processes for the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program.
- Assist with other Community Impact activities as needed.
- Assist the Director of Education Initiatives as needed for activities of FOCUS and the Truancy Prevention Initiative and Youth Court Alliance Programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above requirements are representative of minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities. To perform this job successfully, the individual will possess the ability and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently, and comply with the United Way of York County’s policies and procedures, as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
Educational and Other Requirements
- BA or BS degree required in behavioral or social sciences, public administration or human services research field.
- Demonstrated reliability and positive work habits.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated database management skills.
- Ability to work quickly and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Fully proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to and the ability to drive a motor vehicle.
- Must have $100,000/$300,000 in automobile insurance coverage.
Job Type: Full-time
- Drivers License (Required)