JOB TITLE: Office Services Clerk
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SCHEDULE: Full-time; (M-F) 8:30 am – 5:00 pm; 37.5 hours per week
LOCATION: Denver, CO office (required to be in office daily due to nature of role)
The Office Services Clerk is a non-exempt, full-time position that provides daily office services and mailroom support to attorneys and legal support staff in our Denver, CO office. This position delivers/processes mail, performs copy and scan jobs, orders supplies and handles a multitude of tasks simultaneously. Works with the Records team as part of the paper lite initiative to include file room responsibilities.
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, Group Life, Disability
Starting Compensation: $24.64 - $29.57 per hour
- Assist with office facilities needs and requests to help keep the office running smoothly.
- Responsible for accurate collection, sorting, and distribution of incoming U.S. mail, inter-office and intra-office mail, and overnight packages; serve as liaison for courier requests when needed.
- Hand deliver any certified, registered, or Express mail packages to the post office as required.
- Weigh and meter outgoing mail.
- Inventory and order office, kitchen and mailroom supplies; maintain adequate par levels.
- Complete internal print, copy and scan jobs or determine if outsourcing is necessary; review each project prior to printing, copying and scanning for unique attributes and copy projects.
- Manage and maintain all physical files in the office from creation/receipt to archiving, destruction, or return to client; create and track records for all clients.
- Ability to stand and scan files for long periods of time
- Quality check each project upon completion and deliver to requesting party.
- Prepare projects in spiral binding or deposition binding if necessary.
- Maintain copier, printer and fax server equipment; call for service if needed.
- Assist with fax and copy job distribution.
- Conference room set-up and clean up.
- Update library material; work in the File Room.
- Stock and clean kitchens and breakrooms; heavy lifting of cases of paper or cases water up to 30 lbs. is required.
- Ensure visiting attorney and new attorney offices are stocked with adequate supplies.
- Provide back-up assistance to Records, Reception and Office Services team members.
- Perform other jobs and duties as may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 1-3 years’ experience in professional office setting preferred; experience in the legal sector a plus
- Some college preferred
- Strong organizational and clerical skills, basic computer skills and familiarity with the postal system required
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required
- Experience with technology, including office equipment and Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) strongly preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product
- Position generally involves walking or standing for significant periods of time
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift 20 to 30 lbs. required
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required
- Ability to sit, stand and walk required
- Ability to reach, lift, climb, balance, stoop and crouch required
- Ability to see and read PC screens; detect color-coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.64 - $29.57 per hour
Expected hours: 37.5 per week
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person