PURPOSE AND SCOPE
To be responsible, under the direct supervision of the Assistant Resident Manager/Resident Manager, for marketing, leasing, and pre-leasing of rental units. Coordinate move-in information forms and resident requests.
Leasing Consultant Responsibilities
- Meet and greet prospects in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Qualify prospects by determining prospects’ needs, eligibility, and desirability.
- Show apartments to prospect. Have an up to the minute knowledge of vacancies and availability dates.
- Have a complete knowledge of your apartment community. This should include knowledge of the surrounding area, schools, shopping, bus lines, and any other pertinent neighborhood information.
- Be able to provide information concerning the selling points of the apartment. Know information concerning the appliances, square footage, and possible furniture placement.
- Be familiar with the competition in the area. Provide marketing reports as designated.
- Work with Resident Manager on the advertising and marketing plan for your property.
- Sign and explain lease and application in detail.
- Completely check application through credit agency and other resources before submitting for approval.
- Initiate all necessary move-in paperwork. Inspect apartment prior to a new move-in.
- Introduce new residents to management team and handle problems that may arise before move-in.
- Receipt all deposits and application fees according to company procedures. Properly label and store all monies received including rent.
- All Leasing Consultants follow up on any prospect that does not lease.
- Check and comply with model set up and care policies.
- Work with all employees to maintain a smoothly run community.
- Answer phones fielding prospect calls, resident maintenance problems, and other resident concerns.
- Work with management team in an attempt to resolve any resident problems.
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Leasing Consultants inspect the property on a regular basis to inspect the models and/or vacancies for readiness. Inspect the grounds and report any problems to the Resident Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 /hour
- Leasing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
License or certification:
- Driver's License (Required)