The primary purpose of this position is to provide direct line of support for hardware, software, peripheral, and vendor coordination needs as they arise. Acting as the first line of contact, this position must be available to answer incoming end-user requests as needed during regular service hours to provide critical assistance. The role is responsible for addressing, analyzing, and handling incidents that are preventing users from completing their work and resolving incidents that present themselves.
The technician must have experience supporting many types of technology needs, including Microsoft Server, HyperV, VMWare, Office 365, Microsoft Remote Desktop with proficiencies in storage, routing, and desktop support technologies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate customer’s networks and in-house servers
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Monitor for needed updates
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Resolve problems reported by end user through holistic support and service
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration.
o Currently pursuing Associate’s or Bachelors in a technical field preferred
o Must have some experience in support or network administration in a corporate/enterprise environment
o Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
o Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
o Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Occasional overnight travel is likely. (some afterhours and weekend work should be expected)