GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary role is to help us in our overall marketing efforts. You will be an integral part of the implementation of marketing plans/campaigns to reach prospects from brand awareness to services promotion. In this position, you will coordinate all creative assets to ensure alignment with the sales process/group and client services group.
The goal is to deliver effective marketing programs that will help our reputation and growth. You will manage and set up campaigns and events from conception through to completion. The objective of the role is to portray your passion for hospitality, detail oriented in all execution, and highly energized to run more events!
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Successfully manage company events, workshops, and all aspects of company marketing to include:
- Ensure all deadlines for events are being met ie. invitations, digital media campaigns and posting, radio advertising campaigns, email blasts, booking and securing venues
- Design and execute e-blast invitations for client events
- Serve as lead contact on site for communicating with staff, vendors and customers and anticipating and planning for different scenarios that could arise
- Ensure all necessary equipment, technology, supplies, decor, and promotional materials are transported to the facility and set up on time
- Welcome and register all guests
- Liaise with event sponsors and clients/prospects to accurately identify their needs and ensure satisfaction during the event
- Book appointments at public workshops, including possessing a strong working knowledge of the company to further these sales opportunities.
- Break down and clean event space at event conclusion and ensure all supplies, technology, decor, and equipment are transported back to company headquarters and neatly stored for future events.
- Manage all aspects of the guest RSVP process, including responding to and tracking all event RSVPs.
- Commitment to innovation; eagerness to share ideas on how to improve services provided and event quality.
- Commitment to compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations at all times as it pertains to both events and marketing
- A desire for continued improvement, exemplified by conducting pre- and post-event evaluations and reporting on outcomes.
- Keep an inventory of all supplies, technology, and equipment for each event.
- Obtain/create content for event presentations
- Adhere to event budget and track after event completion
- Update event guest lists bi-weekly to assist with ROI reporting
- Monitor event opportunities in CRM to make sure there is follow up
- Manage and plan event calendar year to year
- Research new venues and provide new ideas for events
- Liaise between leadership and all marketing vendors
- Manage and monitor all aspects of social media - Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google +
- Radio shows and podcasts. Ensure all deadlines are met
- Make sure Ads are current and up to date for radio traffic. Staying on top of Event advertising
- Continuous maintenance and editing of website
- Monitor and track all media appearances for marketing and compliance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- BS in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Event Management or related field
- 2+ years’ experience as an event planner or organizer, with a proven track record of success
- Creative, impressive portfolio of previously managed events (e.g. product launches, weddings, board meetings, conferences, parties, corporate events)
- Team management skills to clearly articulate staff requirements and coordinate their activities
- Solid marketing and sales skills and proven ability to build fruitful business relationships.
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills to manage multiple projects independently and consistently
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding time management and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter who requires little to no supervision to meet goals
- A desire to build relationships with people
- Positive attitude and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Cooperative attitude and willingness to collaborate with other teams as needed
- A proactive approach to handling any challenges that might arise and the ability to quickly troubleshoot any problems that should arise on the event day
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with CRM systems a plus
- A desire to build relationships with people
- Pleasant disposition
- Highly organized
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to or from this position at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules