THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO’S IN THE KITCHEN
Are you a people person? Do you take pride in coaching, mentoring and developing your team members? If so, we’re looking for a Team Lead in our Fulfillment Center to indirectly oversee a team of 15+ full-time Associates. You’ll be responsible for the execution of your team’s daily plan and ensuring that all Associates are complying to company processes and procedures.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU
- Owns the safety of the team, by modeling safe behaviors and ensuring that all Associates are in a safe working environment 100% of the time
- Operates the team as a business by owning the team’s quality, GMP and uniform standards, ensures that we send out a quality product to our customers
- Ensures their line is operating at maximum efficiency by adhering to start times and receiving and returning from breaks in a timely manner
- Ensures all changeover processes are completed properly to further increase the quality of product we offer our customers
- Assists in the training of new hires and/or temporary Associates
- Motivates, engages and shows respect to associates on a daily basis; build team morale to drive productivity and quality standards; challenges the team to not only achieve but exceed daily performance goals
- Ensure compliance of SOP; escalates discrepancies or performance concerns to Supervisor/Leadership when necessary
- Assists Leadership with development of the team and assist with training of critical roles
- Tracks and escalates patterns and behaviors around timekeeping, GMP compliance, Quality and Performance to Supervisor/Leadership
- Models Blue Apron values and leadership competencies at all times to support the building leaders and to provide an example to their associates.
- Coaches employees to follow policies and procedures and maintain high standards of safety and food safety and provides information to the Operations Manager who is responsible for the delivery of corrective actions.
- Focus on operating their area of the facility as if it was their own business, utilizing their resources to the fullest extent
- Completes tasks as directed with minimum supervision.
- 1-2 years of entry-level managerial leadership experience in a food production, shipping and receiving environment or warehouse environment or demonstrated skills and experience at Blue Apron.
- Work experience in food production or food manufacturing preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and knowledge with WMS desired
- Clear and concise communicator, verbal and written
- Must be well-organized and have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment while remaining organized
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Must be able to work weekends, overtime and holidays as required
- Must be able to bend and lift up to 49 pounds repetitively with or without accommodation
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time with or without accommodation
- Exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing (coolers, freezers, etc.) with or without accommodation
- Must be able to push, pull, squat, bend, and reach above and below shoulders; repetitive use of hands with or without accommodation
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location