Positions Supervised: Accounting Compliance, Trading, Contributions, Distributions, Corporate Accounting
The CFO oversees and provides leadership and strategic alignment towards business initiatives for all financial operations within the company to include internal controllership, banking, trust management, all client accounting functions and trading within the organization.
· Function as a member of the executive team to develop and lead all strategic financial initiatives to competitively align the business to be more financially forward-thinking
· Directly manage and improve all financial operational processes and procedures in keeping with a dynamic and ever-changing environment. Provide successful alignment of departmental strategies to current and future business models.
· Enhance and maintain all banking relationships required
· Assist in the development of a trust company and lead the management of this entity
· Develop sound internal controls; head compliance for financial audits (i.e. SEC)
· Oversee consolidated financials for related entities
· Provide accountability of groups falling under leadership and ensure KPI’s are met consistently and challenged on-going for strategy improvement
· Managing, training and empowering staff, including hiring and retaining talent, handling personnel administration, training/development, and performance management of key leadership within purview.
· Offer and enforce regular and on-going cost-saving budgeting strategies and lean management business incorporation.
· Advise on long-term business and financial planning.
· Work with executive team and senior leadership for business continuity planning, ensuring redundancies and business preparation for crisis management
· Partner with executive team to impact growth-minded culture; guide company to embracing fin-tech procedures and policies
· On-going review of risk management opportunities, particularly within financial services and third party administration environments
· All other duties as assigned by the President/CEO
Communication – Communicates effectively both internally and externally, where applicable. Includes both written and verbal communication.
Customer Focus – Works well with customers/clients both internal and external, promotes a positive image of the company and department, strives to resolve issues raised by customers/clients.
Decision Making – Able to reach decisions, takes thoughtful approach when considering options, seeks input from others and makes difficult decisions.
Employee Development – Offers feedback, coaches employees appropriately, rewards employees wisely, takes mentoring role, challenges and develops employees and offers opportunity.
Employee Management – Defines responsibilities, motivates employees, delegates well and rewards appropriately.
Ethics – Honest, accountable, and maintains confidentiality.
Initiative – Takes action independently, seeks new opportunities, and strives to see projects to completion.
Innovation – Creative, offers new ideas, risk taker and amenable to change.
Interpersonal Skills – Builds strong relationships, is flexible/adaptable, works well with others, and solicits feedback.
Leadership – Provides strong leadership, sets a good example as a skilled decision maker, motivator and encourager.
Productivity – Manages workload, works efficiently, and meets goals and objectives.
Quality – Strives to eliminate errors, accurate work is a priority, seeks opportunities to improve product/services
Self-Development – Looks for opportunities to increase knowledge, works to increase responsibility, strives to achieve personal goals and/or maintains licenses and other pertinent requirements.
Strategic Thought – Works to established and articulate vision, shows creativity when defining solutions.
Teamwork – Accountable to team, works to meet established deliverables, appreciates view of team members, and respectful.
Technical Skills – Maintains current understanding of technical process/equipment, uses technology to increase performance/productivity; effectively uses online tools and resources.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Working in a fast paced and complex environment
· Advanced computer skills including, Microsoft Office applications, Word and Excel
· Superior management skills of both people and process
10+ years of experience in all aspects of Accounting; 5+ years of experience in an executive level position
Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance; Masters a plus
Certificates & Licenses
FINRA Series 27 License
Extensive sitting and computer work
WORK ENVIRONMENT – Modern office suite in office building located in Boca Raton, Florida.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $175,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
- Accounting: 10 years (Required)
- Boca Raton, FL 33487 (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19