BY SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION TO THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR NATIONWIDE LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
This role will start between January 2019 and September 2019.
Amazon is looking for high-potential leaders, who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Operations as an entry-level manager. We promise you will have your leadership capacity stretched to its full potential. As a front-line leader, you will have an opportunity to truly invest in others and develop a people-focused leadership style, while mastering the tools, processes, and operations that have created the most customer-centric company on Earth. If you want to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, and are dynamic and an organized self-starter, join our team in Amazon Operations as an Area Manager—opportunities nationwide!
As an Area Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop your own team of Amazon Associates in a distribution warehouse environment. Your main focus will be motivating, mentoring and coaching your team. As a servant leader, the Area Manager will ensure that their team of Amazon Associates have all the tools needed to succeed for any task during a shift. Engaging with your team during a shift to ensure that the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance performance and engagement are maintained are core functions of the role. Come learn how the largest online retailer in the world runs its fulfillment and delivery networks!
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations!
This job is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
Locations and Placement:
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts
- Ability to work overtime both in peak season and as needed
- The position is NOT a corporate role and will be located in a Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, Delivery Station, or other warehouse environment
- Must be willing to relocate at time of hire (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference)
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of 50 to 200 Amazon Associates
- Communicate policies to Associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance, consistency, and taking corrective action when needed
- Create, manage, and support recognition and communication programs
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates
- Ensure procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
- Partner with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
- Develop performance goals and objectives to achieve customer demand and ensure accuracy and quality
Must be able to perform the following tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Walk in/and around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation)
- Regularly bend, lift, stretch and reach both below the waist and above the head
- Lift and move items up to 49 pounds
- A Bachelor's degree is required for this position
- Degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, Management, Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, or a related field
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Adept at analytical work and the ability to motivate others in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to dive deep into data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation