The charter of the MI Service Operations organization is to support the country and headquarters service organizations through the following activities:
- Field Update Handling and Siemens Knowledge Base
- Product Tracking
- Service Monitoring
- Systemic failure investigation
- Assist in spare parts logistics and maintenance
We are looking for an experienced Senior Component Engineer, and this role is located at Hoffman Estates, IL.
1. Take ownership of the field update process from beginning to end for SPECT products. This activity includes attending planning meetings with R&D to determine field affectivity of Engineering changes, generating effected sites lists for field updates, creating update procedures, generating the workflows in SAP to release field updates and forecasting and releasing the update kits.
2. Create and distribute remote software updates to the field using the Siemens Remote Software Distribution infrastructure.
3. Assist as necessary with product tracking, installed volume reporting, product failure investigations and planning for product obsolescence issues for SPECT products.
4. The ability to work effectively within the framework of a cross functional team. Must be able to work effectively with country service organizations worldwide, and with the central service organization in Germany.
5. Good organizational skills and should be experienced in working with SAP
Other Responsibilities / Skills
1. This is a customer service position, therefore excellent interpersonal skills are required. Must work well across functional lines (i.e. customer, service, sales, marketing, engineering, manufacturing)
Work independently and be able to run projects while adhering to departmental procedures and maintaining regulatory compliance
Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required
SAP experience required
Experience in ECO process desirable
Ability to manage complex projects and work independently
Education / Knowledge / Experience
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and processes
Typically, 2-5 years of successful experience in medical instrumentation or a similar Hi Tech Field in Service, Manufacturing or Engineering
Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable
Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.