At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we've grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit's HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you've found your fit?
As the Embedded Software LTE Lead at Fitbit, your work will help to define how Fitbit embedded software can deliver LTE-enabled feature sets to encourage customers in their fitness and wellness journeys.
What You'll Work On:
Who You Are:
- Coordinate among multi-site embedded software teams and lead the development of architectures and designs that deliver world-class LTE connectivity, while adapting to bumps in the road.
- Guide buy-or-build decisions with multiple stakeholders. You will achieve this through hands-on collaboration with multiple close-knit teams of embedded software and test engineers and their managers, as well as with peers in the test engineering, hardware, systems engineering, and compliance departments, as well as strategic vendors.
- In addition to acting as primary point of contact for all LTE development within the firmware department, you will work with product and program managers to manage schedules and risks, and communicate status, challenges, and opportunities across the organization.
- Educate and mentor team members on specialized subjects while learning and expanding your own skill set.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent skill (Master's degree preferred)
- 8+ years industry experience
- 5+ years' experience in the development and testing of embedded software applications on wearable or mobile devices
- Track record delivering to market battery-powered 3G/LTE products with certification and volume shipments on multiple carriers
- Direct experience with feature development in collaboration with a carrier for at least one "non-catalog" feature (e.g. VoLTE, MMS, number-sharing)
- Proven ability to create and communicate architectures and designs incorporating third-party libraries to minimize software time-to-market and total lifecycle cost
- Strong software engineering skills in C and Python
- Experience developing with embedded Linux and one or more embedded RTOS's, and different hardware platforms especially ARM-based
- Practical understanding of device security especially around 3G/LTE interfaces
- Experience leading or managing teams over extended periods ( >1 year)
- Experience with eSIM/eUICC LPA infrastructure, simulation, and provisioning
- Direct business interactions with 3G/LTE carriers domestically or globally as primary engineering contact, primary SW contact, or overall primary contact
- Working knowledge of carrier LTE infrastructure preferably including CAT-M1
- Seasoned and credible advocate of test-driven development and other agile software development methodologies
- Strong software development skills in additional languages (e.g. C++, Java)
- Experience with securing mobile devices especially at telecoms interfaces
- Experience with patch management and upstreaming
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.