The School of Energy Resources at the University of Wyoming will be hosting a summer camp, Energy Summer Institute (ESI), for current 10th and 11th grade high school students. ESI is a six day academic summer camp designed to ignite students’ interest in the energy sector. This is a full immersion experience; from July 12th through the 17th students will live, eat, learn, and play on UW’s campus. Throughout the week students will participate in small, informal classes taught by UW faculty, explore UW’s campus, and take field trips to meet with current energy professionals in the area
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Please note: Camp counselors must be available 24 hours a day for the duration of the program. Due to Residence Life and Dining Services requirements, we are hiring 2 male and 2 female counselors.
- Responsible for the health and welfare of 24 ESI student participants
- Be a positive role model
- Live in the residence halls July 11-17
- Welcome and help orient students upon arrival to the residence halls
- Supervise high school sophomores & juniors as they live in the residence halls, attend classes, field trips, dining halls, and participate in recreational activities
- Provide transportation for participants to various field trips and site tours
- Make arrangements for medical treatment, including emergencies, as needed
- Participate in planning meetings
- Work with and accept direction from camp faculty and staff
- Attend training prior to camp
Conduct morning and evening meetings with participants to disseminate vital camp information and set expectations for the participants
- Must be 19 years of age or older with 1 year of college education
- Leadership experience
- Familiar with the University of Wyoming campus
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- First Aid certification
- Ability to follow written and spoken instructions
- Must be able to pass a UW background check and pre-employment screening
At least 1 year of college
Experience with adolescents in school or camp settings preferred.
Experience working with high school students in a summer camp setting
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume, and contact information for two work-related references.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email email@example.com.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/
Part Time Temporary
Posted Salary Range From: 1000 :
Posted Salary Range To: 1,000.00 :Schedule (Hours per Week)40::
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Katrina Leah Clymer
Jun 7, 2020, 1:59:00 AM