Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
The Certified Surgical Technologist handles the instruments, supplies and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure and anticipates the needs of the surgeon and patient. Ensures quality patient care with other members of the health care team during the operative procedure and perioperative period. Understands the procedure being performed and is constantly aware of the sterile field.
1. Prepares rooms with appropriate instruments, sutures, supplies and equipment necessary for each individual surgical procedure as outlined in the Surgeon Preference Plans.
2. Carefully follows departmental procedures in:
scrubbing, hand drying, gowning, gloving and observing for contamination and/or breaks in aseptic technique. Demonstrates at all times constant vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
3. Follows aseptic technique when opening sterile supplies and setting-up procedures. Discards any contaminated supplies immediately, according to established written procedures.
4. Assists other members of the team to clean and prepare rooms between procedures and after terminal cleaning; restocks supplies when necessary and organizes effectively for end of case clean-up.
5. Conforms to written procedures in the care and handling of contaminated instruments and supplies.
6. Regularly assists in draping patients for surgical procedures. Follows procedures and universal precautions in discarding drapes. Prevents instrument loss.
7. Maintains responsibility for ensuring safe patient care through careful planning, implementation and evaluation procedures.
8. Sets up sterile table with instruments, sutures, blades cautery, suction, prosthesis and solutions needed for the procedure.
9. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Surgical Technologist Certification.
New Milford-21 Elm St
Operating Room NMH
- Certified Surgical Technician
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Significant occupational risk
- Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
- Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.