- 7+ years of progressive corporate and/or search firm recruiting experience with a focus on candidate generation in a complex and competitive market
- 5+ years of experience advising and influencing executive leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Our Executive Recruiting team is a highly dynamic and fast paced group responsible for driving the executive talent acquisition for our Finance, Human Resources, Legal, and Global Corporate Affairs teams. We are proud to accept the challenge of hiring the best for our business - these functions support every part of Amazon and we play an important role in driving that ongoing success. Our team continues to grow and evolve to keep pace with our business and we're looking for an exceptional executive recruiter to grow with us. This role will partner with leaders at the executive level to build out their leadership bench strength, working closely with Hiring Managers and HR Business Partners to set, drive and implement strategy, goals, process, and metrics to ensure we hire the right talent at the right time.
As a Senior Recruiter, you will be responsible for owning and executing on Director and Vice President level searches across our G&A functions, with a primary focus on hiring HR and Finance talent. Our ideal hire is well-versed in all aspects of an executive search including creative candidate sourcing/research, candidate generation and development, executive customer management, and offer/negotiation.
Our core team is located in Cascadia (Seattle, Portland), but the location for this role is flexible.
The role will include some the following responsibilities:
Critical success factors in this role:
- Conducting research to identify and cultivate candidates that enables our ability to effectively scale the way we hire and develop the best
- Creating unique and robust search strategies that will identify and deliver the right leaders for the right roles at the right time
- Developing innovative ways to raise the bar on how Amazon connects with executive level talent
- Continually contributing to the knowledge base of both our team and the broader executive recruiting team by providing education and intelligence for relevant industries and talent pools/profiles
- Building out talent networks and tapping knowledgeable industry sources to develop an on-going list of evergreen candidates
- Leading client update meetings on active searches
- Conducting on-site interviews and actively participate in hiring decisions; performing reference checks and presenting/negotiating employment offers on behalf of Amazon.com
- Providing strategic guidance and coaching in true partnership with executive hiring managers
- Research acumen and creativity - you learn new domains quickly and understand how to craft effective search strategies within those domains
- Superb communication skills - a compelling communicator able to effectively engage the attention of busy, senior executives
- Highly articulate, able to convey complex arguments and engage with senior level executives in a polished and professional manner
- Combine tenacity with tact and high judgement; know when to apply the right pressure and when to move on
- Self-assured, not easily thrown, able to think on your feet; you will be leading highly confidential searches with some of our most seasoned & senior leaders
- Inquisitive; a strong desire to learn
These professional traits are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires great people. Develops great people.
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of your team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Provides excellent client/partner/customer service
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.