IMMEDIATE OPENINGS FOR CDL A/B DRIVERS:
Supreme is seeking qualified and professional CDL A/B drivers for our Forest Products Division:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects truck before and after trips, submitting report indicating truck condition
- Read bill of lading, invoice, & delivery ticket to determine assignment and plan best route.
- Fastens chains/binders to secure and/or tarp load on trailer prior to transit.
- Loads/unloads or assists in loading/unloading of the trailer.
- Sweeps out the inside of the trailer after each load.
- Inspects the top of the trailer prior to transit to ensure the load will not blow out.
- Drives tractor-trailer combination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations, to transport and deliver products/materials usually over long distance.
- Maneuvers truck into loading or unloading position, following signals from loading crew as needed.
- Drives truck to weigh station before and/or after loading and along route, as required by procedure and/or law, to document weight and conform to regulations
- Maintains driver log according to regulations.
- Cleans out the cab of truck daily.
- Create and maintain a professional and courteous work environment (with peers as well as customers).
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or any member of management.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Current Class A/B driver’s license.
- Current DOT physical examination
- Ability to pass a pre-employment DOT drug test and alcohol test.
- Mandatory participation in the company’s random DOT drug and breath alcohol testing program.
- Willingness to report all driving violations, whether on or off the job to the dispatcher, in a timely manner.
- Willingness to work up to 12 hours per day, up to 6 days per week.
- Operation & Control: control the operation of the tractor and trailer.
- Identify and report the need for maintenance and/or repair of the tractor and trailer.
- Reading comprehension: Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Mathematics: Use basic math to solve problems.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Transportation: knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Geography: knowledge of principles and methods for describing the features of land, including their physical characteristics and locations.
- Law & Government: knowledge of transportation laws.
- Mechanical: knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Public Safety: knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies for the protection of people, property, and the company.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties and responsibilities listed above and meeting all qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Far Vision: The ability to see details at a distance.
- Near Vision: The ability to see details at a close distance.
- Hearing Sensitivity: The ability to quickly detect or tell the difference between sounds that very in pitch and volume.
- Reaction Time: The ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound light, picture) when it appears.
- Response Orientation: The ability to choose quickly between two or more movements in response to two or more different signals (sound light, pictures). It includes the speed with which the correct response is started with the hand, foot, or other body part.
- Static strength: The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Multi-Limb Coordination: The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, walking on uneven/unstable terrain, or lying down.
- Manual Dexterity: The ability to quickly move your hand, you hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Extent Flexibility: The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Rate Control: The ability to time your movements or the movement of a vehicle in anticipation of changes in the speed and/or direction of a moving object or scene.
- Control Precision: The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a vehicle to exact positions.
- Trunk Strength: The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continually over time without ‘giving out’ or fatiguing.
- Stamina: The ability to exert yourself physically over long periods of time without getting winded or out of breath.
Supreme is 30% Employee Owned Company. We are searching for like minded, professional applicants to help grow our organization.
Applications can be completed on our website – www.SupremeForestProducts.com. Applications can also be completed at our main office at 216 Bogue Road, Harwinton, CT or our Southington location – 49 DePaolo Drive, Southington, CT.
Supreme is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment and random drug testing is required.
Supreme is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Trucking Driver Type:
- Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road