The Manager, Category Experience works closely with Online and Store Merchants to understand their respective merchandising strategies and objectives. This position will analyze and leverage customer information and behaviors as well as competitive benchmarking to prioritize the most critical actions necessary to improve the customer research/shopping experience. Ultimately, these improvements will result in improved customer and associate satisfaction, increased traffic and sales, and improved conversion. This role is an opportunity to be at the leading edge of truly channel-interconnected retail leadership, while further building functional skills in merchandising.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
5% - Examine category merchandising strategies of key competitors and best-in-class online retailers to understand emerging trends
25% - Analyze customer information (external data, internal research, site behaviors, post-transaction data) to identify the most significant opportunities to improve the customer experience across categories.
25% - Optimize customer experience merchandising, taxonomy, purchase path (search and navigation), data content, SEO and post transaction results.
40% - Manage and mentor a top-performing team.
5% - Lead targeted online/interconnected initiatives that address customer gaps to insure they come in on-time and in-scope
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position Reports to Sr. Manager, Category Experience
Number of Direct Reports:
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
No travel required
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Proven results in any (but, including most) of the following areas: CI, CRM, customer experience, product content optimization, product management, financial analysis
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong numeric and advanced analytics aptitude
- Basic technical aptitude with web-based tools and advanced proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop and lead high performing teams
- Proven ability in driving an online business performance
- The ability to understand and influence cross-functional inputs to Merchandising for achieving better output results
- High comfort level with working in an ambiguous, fast paced environment
- Minimum of 2 years online experience
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, and communication skills (speaking, writing, presenting)
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with good attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Decision Quality
- Drives Engagement
- Ensures Accountability
- Plans and Aligns
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Manages Conflict