Hm Health Solutions Inc.
Job Description :
Summer Internship May – August 2019 in the Information Security division of HM Health Solutions. Position based in Pittsburgh or Camp Hill, PA (based on candidate preference). Please apply to location of choice ONLY.
The start date for this position would be May 2019. Interviews of qualified applicants will begin in Mid-October through End of December. Offers will be extended within this given time frame.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This job has the goal of providing the opportunity to acquire practical experience through direct exposure to the related business line(s) and to develop the next generation of diverse business professionals. To that end, the program will provide hands-on training and experience in the business line, expose the various career opportunities in the business line and related areas, and prepare participants for positions in the business.
Typical responsibilities include:
Perform operational support of information security technology
Assist in performing analysis and resolving problems regarding information security
Complete project tasks to enable the on time, within budget and scope delivery of information security projects
Present new and existing information security information to workforce and management
Assist HM Health Solutions teams in incident response procedures
Assist Change Management
Assist in conducting application risk assessments against Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Payment Card Industry (PCI)
Assure compliance to required standards, procedures, guidelines and processes
Other duties as assigned or requested
Full or part-time enrollment in an accredited college or university baccalaureate program.
Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science, Information Security or related field
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Communicate effectively while interacting directly with colleagues, clientele, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning of assignments and the resolution of day-to-day operational problems.
2. Under supervision, provide entry-level professional services as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the area. Receives guidance, training, and mentoring from senior personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
3. Undertake and/or participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
4. Participate in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise and ability.
5. As specifically requested by management, conduct research and reporting inclusive of recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
6. Undertake related studies or enrichment programs as appropriate to the specific objectives of the operating unit.
7. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.