Currently working towards a bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
NATIONWIDE LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES!
This role is a 10 week internship starting in the summer of 2019.
Are you looking to become a leader in a global operation that has hundreds of leaders and thousands of employees? Would you like the challenge of delivering continuously improved customer experiences to over millions and millions of customers? If you're a rock star leader who's totally obsessed with delighting customers while coaching others for success, join our team in Amazon Customer Service as a Customer Service Intern —opportunities in Seattle, WA, Kennewick, WA, Huntington, WV, and Winchester, KY!
Amazon is looking for college students with high potential, who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Customer Service. We promise you will have your leadership capacity stretched to its full potential. As a front-line leader, you will have an opportunity to truly invest in others and develop a people-focused leadership style by providing a world class experience for your team by being open, approachable and engaging. In turn, your team provides a world class experience for our customers.
As a Customer Service Intern, you will have the opportunity to OWN YOUR IMPACT by setting the vision, direction, and culture of your teams by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, providing individual coaching feedback sessions and weekly one-on-ones that focus on improving customer satisfaction, monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, and serving as leaders and point of contact for escalated contact resolution of a supervisory nature. Come learn how the largest online retailer in the world delights our customers every day!
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations!
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between December 2019-June 2020
- Willingness to work weekends and/or holidays
- Willingness to work overtime both in peak season and as needed
- Willingness to relocate nationwide for the summer with relocation assistance (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference)
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Locations and Placement
- The position will be located in a Customer Service Call Center
- Term: 10 weeks during the summer of 2018
- Benefits: Competitive Salary, Relocation and Housing Assistance
- Opportunity: An offer for full time employment may be given after the internship
- Locations: Seattle, WA; Kennewick, WA; Huntington, WV; Winchester, KY
- The position is not a corporate position based out of Seattle corporate offices
- Excellent ability to solve customer service issues and demonstrate passion for delivering a positive customer experience.
- Drive Standard Work and Continuous Improvement through an intern project
- Developing and achieving performance goals and objectives in order to achieve customer promise expectations ensuring accuracy and quality.
- Hire, lead, and develop a team of customer service associates. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, motivation, and evaluation of the team.
- Carry out the supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities will include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; resolving conflicts, and managing risk for Amazon.
- The Intern must communicate policies to associates and become the primary information source for staff; following-up to ensure compliance and consistency; taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
- Understanding and use of Customer Service and Company systems and understanding and control of department functions and procedures.
- Development, analysis and improvement of new strategies and procedures. The Manager will have the ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Basic project development, management, and implementation at the site and network level.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills desired.