Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
We are seeking FT & PT Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners and Board Certified or Board Eligible Psychiatrists to join our multidisciplinary social service team. We have positions in three different locations, two in The Bronx and one in Manhattan!
Title: Psychiatry Provider
Program: Marsha’s House, New Providence and Ana’s Place
Psychiatry providers will conduct comprehensive evaluations, medication management and crisis intervention for homeless men and women living in a shelter. Providers will collaborate with shelter staff as well as liaison with outside providers as appropriate. Positions offer opportunity for administrative responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Nurse Practitioner/Psychiatrist include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Oversees all psychiatric services at facility
- Provides psychiatric evaluations for individuals referred for assessment of psychiatric conditions or for entitlements and housing
- Provides psychiatric follow-up care as needed, including psychopharmacology and supportive psychotherapy
- Adheres to agency policy regarding obtaining health screening and laboratory monitoring
- Provides crisis intervention and assessment as needed
- In collaboration with on-site nurse, provides liaison to outside psychiatric and medical providers as necessary and appropriate
- Completes documentation in compliance with agency policies and procedures
- Participates in weekly clinical team meeting. Provides case consultation to interdisciplinary staff
- Provides in-service training to staff on psychiatric disorders, addiction, and other topics as needed
- Oversight of licensed practical nurse, including medication system
- Provides collaborative agreement for nurse practitioner(s) working within programs
- Reports to the Medical Director, Psychiatric Services and works closely with Psychiatry Administrator
- Current New York State medical license and registration
- Board Certification or Board Eligible with plans to obtain Board Certification within 1 year preferred
- Experience with Homeless LGBTQ Population in Community Psychiatry
- Computer efficiency is required
- Experience working with homeless adults preferred
- Buprenorphine waiver and Spanish language a plus
- Competitive salaries commensurate with your experience
*Opportunities For NHSC and DANY Physician Loan Repayment programs!!!
Job Type: Full-time