Peter Lik USA is excited to announce a rareopportunity to be part of the management team in our new Madison Avenue Gallery. As a Gallery Director for Peter Lik USA, youwill develop and lead your own performance driven sales team.
Exciting. Awe-Inspiring. Elite.
World-renowned,highly awarded, and boasting a huge international following, Peter Lik sits atthe summit of landscape fine art photography. Peter Lik’s art stands apart. So do his sales professionals.
The Opportunity Is Within.
At Lik, you really help people discover the art that’sperfect for them. Our focused training will develop you into a friendly expertfor our collectors, even if you are a newcomer to the world of art andphotography yourself. We're seeking polished, customer-focused team players whoare ready to use their sales ability within a proven, success-oriented processthat has made Peter Lik the most acclaimed photographer alive and made PeterLik Fine Art Photography the most successful art company in the United States.
We have reached such heights because Peter Lik Fine ArtPhotography appeals to everyone - from the most sophisticated and savvy to thefirst-time art collector
The Best of the Best.
We are looking for a Gallery Director who is comfortable with luxury products, services,advanced sales and interpersonal communication skills. We offer a highlycompetitive pay structure with true six figure income potential, growthopportunities, and a prestigious luxury brand position.
The ideal candidate will have 5 years ofexperience in high end luxury sales and account management, with a minimum of 3years of experience closing sales and managing high-end sales people. Excellentverbal and written communication skills and an assertive team player with ademonstrated ability to lead through change with confident and effectivedecision making skills will be critical. Outstanding internal and externalrelationship-building skills, the ability to interface with clients at adirector level and the ability to spot and develop talent and manage high endprofessionals.
- Followofficial sales process and selling strategies.
- Conductpre-shift and weekly sales meetings
- Conductformal quarterly Art Consultant evaluations as well as frequent informal coachingand evaluation sessions.
- Timelyopening and closing of gallery.
- Ensuregallery upkeep and appearance. Delegateresponsibilities to gallery staff.
- Creategallery schedule and ensure coverage for gallery hours.
- Workwith Human Resources on employee issues.
- Followcash handling protocol.
- Responsiblefor all paperwork to be scanned and provided to Corporate.
- Preparingmonthly expense reports for corporate credit card.
- Facilitatesales on the gallery floor for the majority of your shift. This is to include moving artwork in and outof the viewing room, interacting with collectors early in the sales process,and following the sales process to close sales personally or provideinstruction to the Art Consultant.
- Promoteand maintain gallery morale and resolve conflict as soon as it occurs.
- Maintain“up system” while traffic is slow and Art Consultant gallery awareness when thegallery is busy and the “up system” is not workable.
- Providetraining for new Art Consultants, establish objectives during the probationperiod and decide whether to maintain employment.
- Conductongoing training on a regular basis as time allows.
- Maintainminimum performance standards of Gallery Director including sales goals, salesmeetings, and reporting of performance evaluations and agendas.
- Ensuregallery images are displayed and lit properly to company standards. Evaluate top selling images and make surethey are prominently displayed.
- Maintaininventory of roll-outs and conduct monthly inventory.
- Ensurethe proper handling of artwork including using art handling gloves forroll-outs.
- Assistwith tracking gallery traffic and continue to find ways of improving galleryexposure.
- Superviseand maintain gallery operations.
- Ensurethere is a Gallery Director present and on the sales floor during all businesshours to close sales with the exception of scheduled time off.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellentpresentation skills
- Accurateand detail oriented
- Basicunderstanding and proficiency of MS Office and Internet
- Ability to lift and move art work of varying size.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in high end luxury sales environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience closing sales.
- Experience selling a luxury brand preferred
Education and Knowledge
- HighSchool Diploma required
- Collegedegree preferred
- Knowledgeof fine art helpful
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)
- High end sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)