About the Position:
As a Contact Representative, you will apply the tax code while addressing a wide range of issues to assist taxpayers in understanding and meeting their tax responsibilities. These entry level positions do not require you to have prior tax experience. Our top-notch training programs will teach you everything you need to know to prepare you to be successful in these positions. As a Contact Representative your duties include:
- Providing over-the-phone technical assistance to taxpayers throughout the country.
- Using sophisticated interviewing techniques to identify taxpayer issues, and research IRS reference materials to provide accurate resolution and guidance.
- Eliciting sensitive, personal and financial information, in order to access taxpayer accounts and assist with a wide range of inquiries.
- Developing, analyze and evaluate information involving the research of taxpayer records, to inform and advise, answer inquiries, or resolve problems related to the unique circumstances of each individual or to fulfill regulatory requirements.
How to Qualify:
Applicants can qualify for the Contact Representative position based on specialized experience, or by meeting certain education requirements, or with a combination of experience and education. Qualifications include:
Specialized Experience: Specialized experience includes experience that may have been gained in work with records, documents or financial accounts which involved applying established rules and procedures, or experience gained through work in positions that involved frequent contact with the public researching and responding to non-routine requests for information orally or in writing.
Education: Applicants must have completed at least 4 years of education above the high school level leading to a bachelor’s degree. Completion of a bachelor’s or higher degree satisfies this requirement.
These positions are telework eligible, but that doesn't guarantee telework as employees must meet eligibility criteria. All employees will be required to report to the office their first day and then at least two days per pay period afterwards. In-office requirements vary by location. If you are selected, your manager will provide additional information when you onboard.
Please see the job announcement for complete details about job requirements and qualifications. Day, Mid, and Swing are being offered by those options vary by location.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,118.00 - $57,677.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Parental leave
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Multiple Locations