VICE PRESIDENT, COMPENSATION/BENEFITS/HRIS
If you thrive on contributing to the greater good of society by helping bring life-saving treatments to market around the world, we are the company for you. If you thrive on developing ways to inspire and incent employees who bring their best every day through innovative rewards, we have the job for you.
Our Vice President, Compensation/Benefits/HRIS provides strategic and operational leadership to the WCG family of companies in the areas of benefits, compensation, and HR information systems (HRIS). The Vice President creates foundational strategies to unlock new ways to motivate employees, manage resources and costs, and assess effectiveness through total reward programs that give WCG a competitive edge. This includes development, implementation and oversight of policies, programs and services for health, welfare, and retirement benefits, compensation, and human capital management systems.
The Vice President contributes his/her expertise to inform WCG’s overall corporate strategy and employer value proposition, providing business leaders with advice, creative rewards solutions, flexible pay strategies, market intelligence, and analytics. The Vice President plays a key role in WCG’s ever-present acquisition activity, from evaluation to due diligence to integration.
Focus on health benefits strategy and financial management, access, quality and affordability while evaluating WCG’s health plan's performance to assess the opportunity and identify where gaps in value exist. Examine WCG’s suite of health care benefits in the context of WCG’s employee value proposition. Analyze our health-care offerings and utilization data to understand our population’s health to develop the right strategies and initiatives to support and achieve health-care goals.
Develop strategies for cost-effective ways to build compensation programs that drive business results and behaviors aligned with WCG values. Develop and implement philosophies, practices, processes, and tools to assist WCG people leaders with compensation decisions for team building and engagement. Ensure consistent application of our pay philosophy, optimize our compensation and benefits processes for better user experiences, and Create and implement C&B strategies related to business growth (M&A, new markets).
Own the strategy, design, development and implementation of WCG’s first HR technology system. Lead efforts to define business requirements, identify providers and HRMS applications, solicit proposals for providers, make final selection and oversee the implementation of the system selected.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A CANDIDATE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required in human resources, business, mathematics, information technology, or related discipline required. MBA, Master’s degree in finance or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of increasing compensation experience designing and implementing compensation programs both domestically and internationally required.
- Progressive HR career experience with all facets and all levels of global compensation and benefits expertise
- At least 3 years of experience working with technical aspects of HRIS systems (e.g., vendor feeds) required; ideal candidate has led the implementation or played a major role in the implementation of HR information systems for global companies.
- At least 5 years of experience managing compensation, benefits and/or HRIS professionals required.
- Minimum of 5 years supporting merger/acquisition/divestiture transactions in the compensation and benefits workstreams.
- At least 5 years’ experience of project management in the compensation, benefits and HR information systems space.
- Demonstrated command/working knowledge of global compensation benchmarking and Human Capital Management systems, and benefits user interfaces.
- Experience presenting to executive team members and board members on matters of compensation, benefits, and HRIS.
- Ideal candidate will have prior experience in the healthcare industry; preferred experience in global pharmaceutical/CRO or similar service organizations.
- Experience in private equity (PE) ownership organizations preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong leadership skills
- A critical thinker who can design and implement big-picture compensation and benefits strategies that align with the Company’s business goals and drive the right behaviors of the workforce.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in compensation principles and practices including program design and administration. Highly experienced in dealing with external providers and brokers in the health and welfare and retirement benefit spaces.
- Strong financial acumen, as well as an understanding of tax/accounting/legal/regulatory issues related to incentive compensation programs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint (including VLOOKUP, parse, and pivot table functionality in Microsoft Excel).
- Strong executive presence and organization savvy; proven ability to build credible relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Skilled and inspirational people leader who can build, develop and advance team members; has effectively managed remote teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, implementing, and managing a global rewards platform.
- Proven background of aligning compensation and benefits programs with business strategy.
- Prior M&A leadership experience from due diligence through to post-merger integration.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with a diverse team of colleagues across the company.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders, inside and outside the organization to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to strategically negotiate and influence decisions at all levels of the company and with external providers
WHY JOIN WCG:
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) designation strongly preferred;
- SPHR or SCP certification is a plus.
Founded in 1968 to protect human volunteers in research, WCG, became the pioneer of independent ethical review and continues to partner with the world’s biopharmaceutical and medical device companies, academic medical centers, and hospitals to drive medical progress with new drugs, products, medical devices and treatments.
WCG's transformational solutions, built upon the foundation of ethical review, has grown to include a suite of complementary services and technologies that expand the capabilities of the modern research professional. WCG is proud to serve the individuals on the frontlines of science and medicine, and the organizations that strive to develop new products and therapies to improve the quality of human health.