Senior Program Manager - 342601
Senior Program Manager
We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
JOIN US WHERE IT ALL BEGAN.
Whether you design clothes or business strategies, crunch numbers, lead projects or write code, we have a place for you at our Seattle headquarters. And we think Seattle is a pretty great place to live. More than just rainy days and coffee, Seattle has it all — mountains and beaches, arts and parks, music and film. It's made up of quirky neighborhoods, award-winning restaurants, and thriving industry. Come see for yourself!
We have an exciting opportunity for a cross capability program management leader who enjoys the challenge of delivering large-scale, cross-team strategic initiatives that will help shape the future of the merchandising systems and operational design for the company in the years ahead.
In this role, you will lead one or more cross-functional initiatives for the Retail Foundation and Data and Service team and work closely with groups such as the Supply Chain, Logistics and the Store Systems teams. You will collaborate with business partners, engineers and development teams, product managers, and support resources to ensure efforts deliver high-value business functions in the most efficient, nimble and timely manner and support the company’s long-term strategic goals. The ideal candidate must possess excellent collaboration skills, be relentlessly curious, be able to apply critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills daily, and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
A day in the life...
• Manage one or more large-scale, cross-functional work efforts
• Collaborate, influence, communicate to help deliver results with decisions that impact the strategic direction of merchandising and operational systems
• Coach and mentor Program Management peers across the organization, participate in communities of practice to help define common standards and best practices and help foster the adoption of these best practices
Drive Team to Results
• Bring teams together to deliver outstanding results that drive strategic goals and deliver business value with minimal disruptions and drama
• Influences others to achieve outcomes even when not in control
• Helps teams align to changing priorities, and coach's teams and peers through the change process
Strong Program Management Acumen
o Help teams and business partners focus on highest value features to deliver strategic goals with speed and allow tech work to proceed in a nimble and iterative fashion
o Empowers teams to be accountable for decisions through clear definition of ownership
o Track, manage and mitigate dependencies, risk and issues to ensure work efforts can meet required deadlines and deliver required features
Communicates with Impact & Demonstrates Interpersonal Effectiveness
o Tell the story for each initiative to all levels of the organization in concise voice that provides clarity and instills confidence
o Develop strong relationships with peers and partners across business and technology organizations
o Search actively for feedback and incorporate learnings into behavior and the plans for future work efforts
You own this if you…
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
• Experience with Retail, Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics systems and processes
• Truly outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Deep understanding of project and program management discipline with 5-7 years of experience in taking a work efforts through the complete lifecycle
• Ability to roll up sleeves and operate as an individual contributor to get the job done; at the same time, can guide a team toward an objective
• Excellent cross-group collaborator and ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and key partners for the program
We’ve got you covered...
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and much more depending on your role.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
: 05/08/2018, 6:22:21 PM
: United States-Washington-Seattle