Pfizer’s Centers for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) in New York City is seeking a Senior Principal Scientist focused on preclinical research and drug discovery in the field of autoimmune and inflammatory disease, and/or metabolic diseases, such as cachexia and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). CTI is an entrepreneurial group within Pfizer that partners with leading academic medical centers and disease foundations to translate promising science into novel therapeutics. CTI’s state-of-the-art labs are located within the Alexandria Center for Life Science, in close proximity to several leading academic centers.
The ideal candidate will be an integral part of therapeutic research project teams that advance CTI’s portfolio. He/she will work collaboratively with CTI personnel, other Pfizer colleagues and academic partners to meet aggressive project goals and timelines. The candidate will help drive biology strategy, identify and assess external collaborative opportunities, support assay development, and evaluate molecular mechanisms of action and drug-target pharmacology.
- Lead collaborative research with academic partners to investigate drug targets in areas such as inflammatory bowel disease, atopic dermatitis, NASH, and cachexia
- Seek and evaluate opportunities for partnerships with academic experts, particularly in the field of immunology and metabolism
- Develop assays and research plans that explore the molecular basis for target activity and drug mechanism of action as it relates to disease pathology, including potency, pharmacology and efficacy
- Support multiple projects across therapeutic areas, with an emphasis on immunology
- Provide leadership and expertise to team members in the area of immunology and metabolism
- Supervise research associates and/or scientists
- Present at group meetings, project team meetings, site meetings, and governance meetings
- Proactively seek out new information in the literature and incorporate into individual project(s) as well as the overall program
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence, urgency, partnerships with key stakeholders, continuous learning and improvement, increasing technical skill base and biology expertise
- Take a proactive role in personal growth and scientific development
Ph.D. in Immunology, Metabolic Disease or related field
- Postdoctoral experience and with 2-3 years industry experience
- Track record of innovative and impactful research including peer-reviewed publications, preferably in immunology or metabolism.
- Ability to work in matrixed environment on cross-functional teams
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with multidisciplinary scientists, both internally and externally; excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills essential
- Demonstrated ability to identify, evaluate, propose and develop new experimental approaches
- Desire to work across different therapeutic areas, applying broad biological knowledge to different targets and teams simultaneously
- Experience in drug discovery preferred
- Experience in cell-based assay development beneficial
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.