- 3 years of experience managing technical employees
- 2 years of managing employees at remote locations
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers.
On the IT Services Meetings & Events team, our fellow Amazonians are our customers and we enable them to work hard, have fun, and make history by providing them with leading-edge video conferencing and Audio Visual (AV) support in meeting rooms at Amazon locations around the globe.
The AV Operations Manager for the US will lead a team of talented AV technicians across the United States.
You will work with your peer teams around the world to standardize operations to provide Amazonians with a seamless, delightful experience.
You will look for opportunities to standardize, improve productivity, reduce time to resolve, and reduce defects.
You will look for opportunities to up-skill your team to help them address more technical problems, and to grow their careers so they can transition into AV Engineering, Events, or other exciting roles.
A successful candidate will bring their years of experience in technical team management and step seamlessly into a fast-paced corporate office environment, demonstrating strong organizational skills, impeccable customer service attitude, and passion for building employees’ careers.
You can expect to have work-life balance, but will need to have some flexibility on working hours to accommodate meetings with managers, employees, and customers in other time-zones.
Travel up to 30% will be required.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
Services provided by the AV Support team include:
- Drive quick resolution for escalated AV issues.
- Responsible for staffing decisions, final interviews of candidates, team reassignments.
- Plan schedules with employees and peers to ensure coverage, considering employee holidays, employee leave, and peak times
- Oversee equipment upkeep, organization, and supply requests
- Periodically review employee work including documents, tickets, and phone calls for quality
- Review customer feedback and anecdotes and take actions to measurably improve customer experience
- Perform employee performance reviews and manage employee performance in accordance with local laws
- Meet regularly with your team one to one and in group meetings
- Collaborate with your employees and peers to create and promote training regionally and globally
- Understand and comply with employment laws where your employees are located
- Review employee satisfaction data with employees and take actions to improve employee engagement
- Provide break/fix support for Video Conferencing equipment in meeting rooms
- Provide customers with training on using Video Conferencing technology
- Coordinate equipment and expertise for meetings including video conferencing gear, displays, projectors, speakers, microphones, cameras, telephones, laptops, media players, document cameras, etc.
- AV room furniture setup/strike and straightening including tables, chairs, lecterns, pipe and drape, easels, and other equipment as needed or directed
- Assist customers with finding and scheduling appropriate meeting rooms
- Train customers to use self-service tools to schedule their own spaces, services, and resources
- Assist customers with finding event services including production, livestreaming and remote recording
- Provide courteous phone and chat support to customers
- 2 years of experience in AV industry
- 5 years of experience managing technical employees
- Avixa Certified Technology Specialist
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.