Full Job Description
Traction, LLC provides outsourced accounting support to growing businesses. We help business owners get out from behind their desk so that they can spend more time on the projects they are passionate about. Our services include bookkeeping, controller and CFO support.
Traction is looking for a part-time contract bookkeeper to work 50-60 hours per month, with the majority of those hours falling in the first two weeks of each month.
You will start off working under one of our full-time senior accountants and serve as the bookkeeper for 3-5 clients. Work will primarily be oriented around monthly close activities, but will also include providing support to clients when they have one-off requests / questions on day-to-day accounting matters (AR, AP, payroll, business registration, etc.). As you gain experience, over the next 12 months there will be opportunities to begin to take on additional hours and manage your own clients.
You must be detail-oriented, highly communicative and responsive, and able to work independently. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with 2-3 years of bookkeeping experience looking to work with more complex / challenging clients and grow their accounting skill set.
Traction is located in the Denver Highlands neighborhood. During your first 3 months on the job, it is expected that you will be able to work on-site with us in our office. Once you are fully up and running, this job can be performed remotely with only an occasional trip to the office or client site.
- Must be a critical thinker and independent worker able to furnish solutions to our clients’ accounting challenges
- 2-3 years of bookkeeping experience
- Expert in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop / Enterprise
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of basic financial statements and accounting principles
- Experience with payroll, 1099s, A/P and A/R administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills / ability to interface directly with clients in a professional manner
- Highly responsive to client questions and requests
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Must have owner mentality
- Associate's degree w/ Bachelor's degree preferred
- Bookkeeping: 2-3 years
- QuickBooks: 2-3 years
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative