The Film Archivist works in the Archive Collections Department under the supervision of the Associate Director and Manager, Acquisitions. Primary duties include inspection, repair, inventory, and cataloging of Archive film, video and digital collections and related materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researching and documenting Archive collections and database records.
- Inspection, inventory and cataloging of archival film, video and digital materials.
- Creating and updating records using the Archive’s Adlib database.
- Assisting with new acquisitions, including occasional pickup and delivery of newly acquired collections.
- Working in the Archive’s temperature-controlled vaults on collection maintenance and inventory projects.
- Assisting with group projects within the Collections Department, as necessary.
- Working and communicating with Academy staff, Archive donors, Academy members, film industry professionals and outside organizations on collection-related activities.