To provide friendly, courteous and prompt customer service; to attain budgeted sales and profit goals of the Floral/Chef's Kitchen/Bake Shop/Farmstand/Market Departments; to train and supervise Department associates; to direct and participate in all Floral/Chef's Kitchen/Bake Shop/Farmstand/Market activities; to communicate with Store Director; to monitor and enforce government and Jewel regulations; to compile and place shop orders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists and communicates with customers in a friendly, courteous and prompt manner; receives and records special customer orders via the telephone or in the store utilizing suggestive sales techniques.
- Directs and participates in Floral/Chef's Kitchen/Bake Shop/Farmstand/Market Department activities, including receiving, designing, preparing, pricing, displaying, maintaining, and ordering product in order to maximize sales, earnings, and customer satisfaction in the Floral/Chef's Kitchen/Bake Shop/Farmstand/Market Department and the store. Updates Department décor for seasonal merchandising.
- Attains budgeted sales and profit goals of the Floral/Chef's Kitchen/Bake Shop/Farmstand/Market Department.
- Prepares weekly work schedule to ensure adequate coverage and service level, while adhering to weekly sales/labor rate.
- Trains and supervises Department associates in all Floral/Chef's Kitchen/Bake Shop/Farmstand/Market activities, policies, and procedures. Reports incidents requiring discipline to the Store Director.
- Evaluates performance and counsels Department associates.
- Compiles Department orders and inventories; orders product from the warehouse and direct suppliers using an order guide or the telephone.
- Communicates with Store Director on Floral/Chef's Kitchen/Bake Shop/Farmstand/Market activities.
- Prepares and completes documentation required by the Company or Store Director.
- Monitors, complies and enforces government and Jewel policies and procedures.
- Prepares gift baskets, part trays, special orders, floral arrangements, and/or other Department items in keeping with Company merchandising plans, customer requests, and general aesthetic principals.
- Attends Company training meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Store Director.
SKILLS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to frequently reach, lift, and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, move rapidly, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. Manual dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are necessary
- Exposure to approximately 150 degrees Fahrenheit while handling products in hot cases, 35 degrees Fahrenheit while handling products in cold cases, 28 degrees Fahrenheit while handling products in cooler. Working conditions consist of a temperature controlled store environment.
- Available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work outdoors.
Please complete an online application at www.jewelosco.com. Jewel-Oscois an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)