Rexnord Industries, LLC is a $2 billion public (rxn), multi-industry manufacturer and marketer of highly engineered mechanical power transmission components and commercial water management products. Rexnord recently completed a public offering and is now traded on the NYSE under “RXN.” The Power Transmission Group operates under the “Rexnord” name, and the Water Management Group operates under the “Zurn” name. The Rexnord culture, centered on the Rexnord Business System – “RBS” (the company’s operating management system based on the Toyota Production System and the Strategy Deployment Process - advanced Hoshin Planning methodology), welcomes professionals who can lead and produce results, who are motivated by stretch objectives, and who will embrace a business environment which is driven to continuously improve.
THE BUSINESS UNIT
Rexnord Aerospace supplies engineered high performance spherical and cylindrical bearings, mechanical seals, gears and electrical components to the commercial air transport, regional aircraft, business aircraft, helicopter and military aircraft markets for use in engine systems, flight control systems, landing gear systems and airframe structures. Our aerospace bearing and seal products consist of rolling element airframe bearings and bearing tooling sold under the Shafer® and Tri-Roller® brand names, Teflon lined polymeric bearings sold under the Tuflite® brand name, slotted entry, split ball and split race bearings sold under the PSI® brand name, self-lubricating machinable lined bearings and coatings sold under the Rexlon® brand name and mechanical seals sold under the Cartriseal® brand name. Gears and electrical components sold under the Micro Precision® brand name. Our global customer base includes all major engine and airframe OEM’s, as well as major Tier 1, 2 and 3 suppliers to the engine and airframe OEM’s and through our FAA approved repair stations we support major MRO and aircraft operators with repair and overhaul capabilities.
The grinder is responsible for producing work in the most efficient manner while meeting the drawing/planning specification /requirements.
Third Shift receives a $2.50 per hour shift differential.
- Completes set-ups with general supervision/assistance.
- Responsible for all phases of part operation set-up to achieve first article acceptance.
- Perform and maintain accurate in-process quality inspection and records.
- Identify and recommend process improvements that reduce part quality variation.
- Input data into visual management forms and convey results to management
- Continuously improve processes, procedures, and eliminate waste.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE, CAPABILITIES AND SUCCESS FACTORS
- At least three (3) to five (5) years experience operation set-up on CNC spherical grinding equipment.
- Skilled in the use of indicator, gage, dial bores, and plate inspection methods for first article and in-process inspection of precision machined parts.
- Ability to maintain close tolerances (within .0003”) of ID’s, hold .0003 profile, roundness.
- Understanding of machine tool accuracies, tool offsets.
- Knowledge of cutting wheel feeds, speeds, and wheel life for aerospace grinding.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and interpret blue print and quality requirements.
- Ability to communicate with employees and management in a positive manner.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs (over 25 lbs with assistance).
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with AS9100, 5S, Lean, and Six Sigma.
- Per ITAR requirements, must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident Card Holder
In addition to gaining invaluable experience and having the opportunity to create a legacy, the dynamic leader we seek will be rewarded with:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Matching 401(k) contribution (50% match up to 8%)
- Discretionary Profit Sharing Contribution (3% of quarterly earnings)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
PAID TIME OFF
- 10 Vacation days per year
- 3 paid sick days per year
- Enjoy 12 Company Holidays per year
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may submit their resume through the Careers section at www.rexnord.com.
Rexnord associates must be in good standing for consideration for job openings. This includes satisfactory or above ratings in job performance and no corrective actions, PIP’s, disciplinary issues or warnings in the last 12 months.
Equal Opportunity Employer –
Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Minority/Veteran/Disabled
United States-California-Simi Valley
USA CA Simi Valley
Aug 23, 2019, 9:09:43 PM