A General Manager (typically on-site) is responsible for supervising the administrative support staff of the Community Association assigned. The General Manager I will also assist the lead General Manager with oversight and support of the various departments within the Community Association including Food & Beverage, Facilities Maintenance, Custodial, Landscaping, Lifestyle, etc. The
General Manager I is the liaison to the lead General Manager and residents primarily, but will also occasionally interact with vendors, board members and committee members, as well as staff at the Associa Client Shared Service Center (CSSC) and within the branch office.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervise all administration staff at the community.
- Assist with employee hiring, training, supervising, and performance management.
- Assist with preparing schedules and establishes priorities for routine and special work projects.
- Assist with annual budget.
- Assist with the administration of the various functions of the community within the projected
and approved operating budget.
- Act as a liaison between the Board of Directors and residents in the execution of the established policies and the conveyance of resident grievances.
- Work as a liaison between the Board and legal counsel, as well as the Board and the Board Advisory Committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of the Association Board of Directors, the General Manager, and how those roles
interface with the requests of homeowners.
- Knowledge of typical business correspondence (grammar, structure, punctuation, spelling, etc.) at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and forms.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques at a proficient level.
- Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
Education and Experience:
- Association Degree Required
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- 3-5 years of directly related or closely related experience
- 3-5 years of Community Association experience
- 0-3 years of Manager and/or Supervisory experience
Certifications or Licenses:
- Industry Specific License
- Location Specific License
Job Type: Full-time