- Laboratory Experience
- Project Management
- System Administration
- On-site Gym
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off
Simplicity. At Cisco Meraki, we believe that by simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. Our cloud managed products are making IT easier, faster, and smarter. Simplified and smarter networking means that businesses run more smoothly, and more people have reliable access to the information they need.
We are looking to hire a Lab System Administrator who has good technical knowledge and a desire to build creative solutions to sustain the rapid growth of Meraki. This role will be a part of the Engineering team and will focus on supporting all aspects of lab infrastructure and a wide variety of hardware, operating systems, and applications.
During a typical day you could be working on:
What we look for in your background:
- Designing and maintaining lab topologies and documentation
- Procuring, racking, and stacking lab equipment
- Provisioning and installing WiFi APs, laptops, and handheld devices
- Configuring and maintaining high uptime of all network switches, routers, wireless access points, servers, firewalls, PDUs, and Ixia traffic generators, etc.
- Provisioning and configuring hosts with various types of operating systems
- Responding to network outages and performing root cause analysis
- Writing automation for system provisioning, back-ups, and other repetitive tasks in the lab
- Maintaining software security and vulnerability patches
- Managing asset life cycle and inventory management
- 2+ years of experience in Network & System Administration
- Experience in setting up lab infrastructure including procuring, racking, and configuring networking equipment
- Demonstrable experience in solving network related issues
- System administration experience in configuring and provisioning Linux, Windows, VMware ESXi / vCenter and other virtualization environments
- Experience in managing inventory of 100s of devices
- Working knowledge of network protocols (DNS, DHCP, VLAN), IP address management, routing, etc.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in IT project management and asset management
- An excellent colleague who is comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Ability to automate system administration tasks using scripting languages such as Ansible, Bash, Python, PowerShell a strong plus
- WiFi (802.11) knowledge / experience is a plus
- CCNA, CWNA a plus
- Academic degree in Systems Administration or equivalent practical experience
Wondering What Working at Cisco Meraki is Like?
Picture a beautiful office, balanced catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, an onsite gym, and paid time off to volunteer. Cisco Meraki has crafted an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. We are confident you will love it here!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.