Full Job Description
T-Mobile USA is a leading provider of digital GSM/GPRS, UMTS, and LTE wireless voice and data technology standards. Senior Architects, Domain located in Bellevue, WA will work on individual development projects to design software solutions that address business and technical needs or challenges.
Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Lead architecture and technical design to satisfy project business requirements and drive review and communications of solutions with impacted domain technology teams.
Translate the project's business and technical requirements into a high-level solution design, provide technical direction and guidance to the project team, and be responsible for the overall technical soundness of the solution.
Ensure that the business applications are implemented at T-Mobile are of high quality, effectively meet their objectives, and support long-term IT strategy.
Focus on LTE, Converged Charging, Next Generation Billing System (BSS/OSS) solution architecture and design.
Serve as a technical point-of-contact for business teams to help define, estimate, and recommend optimized solutions for business opportunities.
Serve as a subject matter expert to guide digital architecture strategy and architecture axioms by influencing decision makers across multiple domains and working with Architects in each domain.
Create High Level Solution Design (HLSD) in support of Enterprise Projects and present HLSD to senior leadership during Capital Assessment reviews.
Develop proofs-of-concept and prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems.
Work with development, infrastructure, test, and production support teams to ensure the proper implementation of solutions.
Identify and specify interfaces between software components, applications and systems, and detail their interactions in support of the solution's functionality.
Define the functional attributes that include performance, throughput, availability, capacity, security of components and interfaces at a level sufficient to baseline the functional specification and to allow effort estimation.
Establish the most effective approach to integration of the solution's new and existing components that include client legacy systems, application packages, business services, and databases.
Assess the technical integrity and risks inherent in a solution and propose mitigation steps, such as technical design alternatives, prototyping or requirements changes.
Develop and recommend solution alternatives, asses their trade-offs in terms of their business viability, technical attributes, and costs.
Assess how the solution architecture meets expectations for performance, scalability, availability, reliability, usability, maintainability, extensibility and self-recovery.
Advise on tools, organization, processes and procedures needed to deliver, support and operate the proposed solution on a day-to-day and long-term basis.
Participate in detail design, testing strategy, performance tuning, monitoring, environment setup, and code reviews.
(1) Architecting and designing Telecom BSS/Billing solutions based on Amdocs, E///, or Oracle Billing platforms.
(2) Building Digital Billing solutions using Cloud Infrastructure (EC2, PCF, Beanstalk, Lambda, and Redis), CICD implementation (Stash, Jenkins, Puppet, and Artifactory), Enterprise systems (APIGEE and TIBCO), Enterprise Architecture Frameworks, and telecom domain expertise.
(3) Implementing solution security by promoting Secure Solution development based on OAuth and JWT, as well as performing technical activities including code review, vulnerability analysis, thread modeling, source code remediation, and patching.
(4) Implementing automated unit and synthetic testing (Junit and Selenium), service virtualization (CA Service virtualization tool), performance and operational monitoring (AppDynamics and CA Wily), and dashboarding (SPLUNK, and Tableau) for customer facing UI (desktop and mobile) applications.
(5) Articulating business and technology strategy using SDLC Tools (Rally and JIRA) with development, business, and marketing organizations.
(6) Delivering technology strategy roadmaps by modeling as-is and to-be architectures using VISIO, Enterprise Architect Sparx, and ArchMate based on business requirements in the wireless industry.
Experience and education requirements:
PRIMARY REQUIREMENTS: Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related, and 3 years of relevant work experience.
ALTERNATIVE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related, and 5 years of relevant work experience.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Employer is not currently sponsoring work visas for this position.
This position is eligible for the employee referral program.
How to apply:
Create a candidate profile, and apply to requisition number 145148BR
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.