Why work for us?
At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® our core purpose is to move people forward. We move people personally and professionally. In fact, 75% of our managers started in frontline positions and moved into management roles. Are you ready to make your career move with us?
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® has built a family-like culture based on our core purpose – to move people forward. We have also established a set of core values to live by. And they are so much more than words on paper.
- Integrity: To always conduct oneself with honesty and fairness.
- Give back to the community
- THE GRANDMA RULE®: To treat everyone the way you would want your Grandma to be treated.
- Care: To have compassion for family, customers, co-workers and community.
- Be your best and have fun: To be the best professionally and personally while enjoying life and having fun.
- Inclusion: To welcome people from all backgrounds in the workplace and the community.
The TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® mission is to continuously strive to exceed our customers' expectations in value and high standard of satisfaction. Not only do we keep that mission top of mind, but we also keep community support at the forefront of what we do.
The driver is responsible for operating a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) as well as packing, moving and safely transporting customers belongings while providing outstanding customer service.
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as the point of contact for new and existing customers and establishes a rapport and builds confidence in TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® services
- Makes recommendations according to customer’s needs on moving services and supplies. May recommend alternate services and/or products based on cost, availability or customer specifications
- Obtains customer feedback throughout the move to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and proactively resolve any complaints
- Calmly and professionally handles displeased customers and provides timely feedback to management regarding customer concerns
- Keeps the customer and management informed of anticipated delays and any additional information needed to increase customer satisfaction and improve profitability
- Continually maintains thorough understanding of all company products, services, pricing and promotions in order to communicate the benefits and value of TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® and effectively oppose any customer objections
- Safely, responsibly, and professionally operates the CMV・s and monitors their functionality
- Responsible for ensuring vehicle is in safe operating order prior to dispatching for the day
- Accurately calculates the charges for services and completes all move-related paperwork
- Safely move/pack/unpack customer’s belongings by utilizing all of the proper moving equipment and techniques and following the necessary prescribed policies
- Conduct pre/post trip truck inspections and moving equipment inventory
- Maintain a positive image of TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® by ensuring proper hygiene
- Ensure compliance with the policies laid out in the employee handbook and/or presented by management
- Participates in regular training and development programs offered through STICK MEN UNIVERSITY® to further the knowledge of the system
- Other duties as assigned
- A high-school diploma or equivalent
- One year previous driving experience with Commercial Motor Vehicle preferred
- Chauffer's license preferred
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (SKA) Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. The qualifications should not be viewed as absolute standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered with other job-related criteria.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to listen and communicate in an effective, helpful and friendly manner with co-workers, customers and management
- Ability to direct the work of others when necessary
- Knowledgeable of all state and federal driving and interstate moving requirements
- Have strength and agility to carry and load items into truck as well as a good sense of balance
- At least 21 years old is required.
- Valid driver’s license with a clear driving record
- Able to complete basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication) using whole numbers and decimals
The employee is required to complete extensive physical activity including strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects. This position is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, sit, hear, use hands and fingers, handle, feel and/or life with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to lift 50 – 75 pounds unassisted and occasionally required to lift 100 pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
What We Offer
- Dynamic workplace based on our Core Values
- Internal Career Advancement Opportunities
- Continued Employee Development & Training
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K available after eligibility period
- Basic Life Insurance paid by company
- Voluntary Life Insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents
- Short Term Disability
- Legal Shield/ID Shield
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /month
- commercial driving: 1 year (Required)
- Moving: 1 year (Required)
- Valid Drivers License (Preferred)